Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #511
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codepadawan View Post
Hmm. Maybe I've answered this myself.... these aren't folders at all in a traditional sense, rather some sort of "package" or "zip" type file, but they **appear** as folders on my mac.... but CM ignores them! yay!
Hehe... no, it's even easier than that. There actually are quite a few "extraneous" directories, but CM doesn't consider them -- in fact, it actually doesn't even look at the filesystem at all. It simply looks at the books database, and for every book there, it uses the fully qualified path to the file to determine (and create) collections from that.

That also means that you can create as many folders as you want - if there are no books in them, they won't be mapped to collections
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #512
MonJovi
MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite V1
I'm having a problem after I updated my Paperwhite FW to 5.3.5.
All I have now when running CM is a blank screen (freezes at startup screen w/ www.ixtab.tk)
I've re-installed all the pre-requisites + the azw2 file already.
Anybody having the same issue? Any way to fix this?
Thanks.
MonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #513
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonJovi View Post
I'm having a problem after I updated my Paperwhite FW to 5.3.5.
All I have now when running CM is a blank screen (freezes at startup screen w/ www.ixtab.tk)
I've re-installed all the pre-requisites + the azw2 file already.
Anybody having the same issue? Any way to fix this?
Thanks.
As I understand it, CM does not work on 5.3.5. ixtab reports it may be a month or two before the great goddess works through the latest obfuscation. See here...

Last edited by GoSharks; 04-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #514
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
As I understand it, CM does not work on 5.3.5. ixtab reports it may be a month or two before the great goddess works through the latest obfuscation. See here...
Correct.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #515
jippy
jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
So i better not update my current paperwhite firmware (5.3.4)

Ixtab CM really help me group my book collection. Thanks Ixtab
jippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #516
MonJovi
MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite V1
Quote:
Thanks for the info. At least now I know. I thought I broke something during the upgrade process.
MonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #517
rafalele
Enthusiast
rafalele began at the beginning.

Awaiting orders to update to 5.3.5.

Collections and JBPatch are "must have" in my paperwhite.
rafalele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 AM   #518
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Calibre collections synchronize

Hi, I'am a new in this forum and, first of all, excuse me for my english! Collections Managers is a good software and I use it with no problems in my (jailbreaked) Kindle Touch. I also use Calibre and Kindle Collections plugin to synchronize collections from and to KT.

Would be it possible to avoid the use of "import collections from Calibre" and "export collections to Calibre" commands when I synchronize collections in Calibre using Kindle Collections plugin? An idea would it be invoke these commands from Kindle Collections plugin (for example before "Import collections from Kindle into Calibre" from after "Create collections on the Kindle from Calibre" commands in Kindle Collections plugin....)

Thanks!

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #519
readandread
Zealot
readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readandread ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen) v5.14.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 2.3.6
Other Kindle models can not and will not be supported by this software.
Any plans to support the version 5.3.5?
readandread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #520
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by readandread View Post
Any plans to support the version 5.3.5?
What part of **WILL NOT** are you having trouble with?

Perhaps someone could translate for you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #521
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
It seems unlikely.

The constant battle to undermine the work IXTAB does for the community is getting wearisome on the poor guy.

Some decisions have to be made. Without other taking up the mantle and supporting in the effort he can only do so much. This looks like another victim of that necessary culling.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #522
dmeyer0
dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jippy View Post
So i better not update my current paperwhite firmware (5.3.4)
Perhaps I've missed something obvious, but how do you prevent the Kindle from upgrading automatically?

Thanks.
dmeyer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #523
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeyer0 View Post
Perhaps I've missed something obvious, but how do you prevent the Kindle from upgrading automatically?

Thanks.
Use the tools provided in the KUAL launcher thread for that.
Such as:
Kual.Firewall with BBB (Block Big Brother) filter enabled ;
Kual.BackDoorLock ;

Those things.

OR, just always leave it in "airplane" mode and not use the Wifi
Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #524
Oletros
Connoisseur
Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Oletros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What part of **WILL NOT** are you having trouble with?

Perhaps someone could translate for you.
What part of OTHER MODELS and not NEW FIRMWARES are you having trouble with?
Oletros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #525
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
What part of OTHER MODELS and not NEW FIRMWARES are you having trouble with?
None at all, follow the backlinks to see why.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks