Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Importing Books: Ignore tags in metadata

I have a very specific tagging structure, but once in a while I'll import an eBook that has about a hundred random tags embedded in its metadata, which messes it up quite a bit. Although not difficult to fix afterwards, it's an annoyance that I'd prefer not to deal with.

However, I'm not sure how to go about disabling it. I don't want to completely disable reading metadata from the file contents (some of the eBooks I download have rather obtuse filenames) and the Tag Mapper doesn't seem to work with wildcards.

I mostly use the autoadder, if that's relevant at all.

Thanks in advance.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
tag mapper should work for this, use matches pattern and .+ for the pattern
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:21 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What many of us do is to add new books into a separate library that is usually empty (mine is called Intake). Then get the metadata right - remove rubbish tags, deal with overly long subtitles, etc. I tag it with _new before moving it to the target library using Copy to library (delete after copy).

The _new tag helps me find the books I need to finalise after the move, e.g. add real tags, convert, save to device etc. I remove it from the book when that's done.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
tag mapper should work for this, use matches pattern and .+ for the pattern
Thank you! (And apologies for not replying to this thread. I actually forgot I made it.)
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote