Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
AZW3 to HTML - spaces

It is parhap trivial...

In some AZW3 breaks, e.g. like spaces between the sections of the chapters, spaces after the chapter names etc., are defined like this:
<p class="calibre1"></p>

in css:
.calibre1 {
display: block;
height: 1em;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-indent: 0.8em;
border: currentColor none 0;
margin: 0

when AZW3 is converted to HTML (in Calibre), the spaces are the same:
<p class="calibre6"/>

in css:
.calibre6 {
border-bottom: 0;
border-bottom-color: currentColor;
border-bottom-style: none;
border-bottom-width: 0;
border-left-color: currentColor;
border-left-style: none;
border-left-width: 0;
border-right-color: currentColor;
border-right-style: none;
border-right-width: 0;
border-top: 0;
border-top-color: currentColor;
border-top-style: none;
border-top-width: 0;
display: block;
height: 1em;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 0;
padding-top: 0;
text-indent: 0.8em

Now, here is the problem: When I open this HTML file in my browser, everything is OK, I can see all the spaces, no worries...
However, when I open the same HTML in Word 10 (for editing or fixing purposes), all these breaks are gone.

My question is: can Word be configured somewhat to show these spaces? Or, can CSS be changed so the Word would recognise them as Paragraph Marks?

Funny thing is that when I convert the AZW3 file to RTF and open it in Word, the spaces – represented by Paragraph Marks – are there…
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
I find Word is generally a poor editor for HTML. You could try Notepad++ as it's free and very good with HTML.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
I find Word is generally a poor editor for HTML. You could try Notepad++ as it's free and very good with HTML.
double

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #4
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
It looks like nobody knows how to fix the Word - perhaps it's impossible...
I'm going to try the Notepad++

Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote