Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #31
Trilby
Enthusiast
Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trilby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I've been looking at splash proof cases, so far I'm considering either the M-Edge Leisure Jacket or the Octo Splash proof case. Anyone else have either of these?
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #32
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all,

OCTO now have a 2nd generation Spalsh proof cases for the Kindle 2 and Kindle 2, redesign based on Customer feedback - gettiing good reviews so far. Check it out via links below;

Kindle 2 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QDBU4O
Kindle DX - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QDFZPE

Thanks for your support,
OCTO
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #33
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Got my purple Roof of Heaven Oberon case today. It is absolutely gorgeous! And I know it will protect my baby, cause my red SkyDragon bounced on the train platform many times,
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
they are incredibly good and durable leather cases! these are made from "belly leather" which quite often goes for the soles of shoes to give an idea of the thickness of the leather
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #35
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
try this Different style of Kindle protections- cover, sleeve, skin case. maybe it will help anyone who going to buy a kindle cover ;]
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM   #36
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Has anyone seen the new oberson "rose" cover? Comes in Red or Blue. As my granddaughters middle name is "Rose".........well, I'm just sayin'......

http://www.oberondesign.com/shop/car..._detail&p=1154
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 AM   #37
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
There was a picture of someone's red rose journal cover on kindleboards.com
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 AM   #38
woodworthjohnca
woodworthjohnca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
How about something like this which has both padding and a plastic shield?

http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm
woodworthjohnca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #39
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
How about OCTO Leather Slip Cover I really like that yellow - leather sleeve. It is very simple & cool ;]
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #40
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I've had a few so far, Oberon still holds the value in my case.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #41
nietzschedanced
nietzschedanced doesn't litternietzschedanced doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1
Pinstriped Cashmere Kindle Case Is So Very English

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLS View Post
I think Kindle is too fragile for something like that. You would need something with some serious protection.

it seems very fitting that the first English Kindle case to reach our inbox is a wool and cashmere pinstripe number, the very essence of the City Gent in protective rectangular form. It costs 22 Pounds Sterling ($36), and with its foam lining works as a protective slip case rather than mimicking a paper book’s cover like the official Kindle uniform. The maker, UK Wrappers, also offers a range of materials and designs, including a couple of tartans for Scottish Kindle owners, and a Paisley-lined number for the Irish.

(be safer with a Bobbie's helmet IMO)

nietzschedanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #42
snietfeld
snietfeld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Solid Wood Kindle Hardcase

After breaking my Kindle once using one of those neoprene slipcases, and after discovering that nobody sells a decent hardcase, I decided to build my own.

I made a quick writeup for it here with more pictures if you're interested. Let me know what you think--I'd love to hear suggestions on how to improve it.
snietfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM   #43
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
You can use M-Edge Touring Kindle Sleeve (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle), Black.. It is made of entirely of neoprene, but the black case looks and feels similar to a suede leather. It has a little zippered pocket on one side that will hold the USB cable and plug.
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #44
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by snietfeld View Post
After breaking my Kindle once using one of those neoprene slipcases, and after discovering that nobody sells a decent hardcase, I decided to build my own.

I made a quick writeup for it here with more pictures if you're interested. Let me know what you think--I'd love to hear suggestions on how to improve it.
Looks massive!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #45
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
On a completely different take....

I have a Clear mCover® Polycarbonate Kindle Hard Shell Cover Case

I love this cover because I like to read my Kindle naked, and it has a stand on the back that allows you to stand it on your desk like a picture frame. The hard shell cover does seem to be pretty sturdy, and because it is clear it shows any decal you might put on your Kindle.

Also it exposes the keyboard, but I like to tape a clear plastic flap (like a piece of overhead transparency) over it like a trap door so it is accessible to use but still keeps the dirt out.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote