Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
aslg
aslg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Did anyone find a screen protector for the Kobo Elipsa?

I am worried that I will eventually scratch the screen of the Kobo Elipsa using the stylus. Did anyone find a good screen protector?
aslg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:39 AM   #2
PennyDred
PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura H2O (original)
I used the Brotect Matte one: it fits fine, and I can still take notes no problem.
PennyDred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:36 AM   #3
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslg View Post
I am worried that I will eventually scratch the screen of the Kobo Elipsa using the stylus. Did anyone find a good screen protector?
Just so you know, the Kobo actually has a screen protector installed at the factory (ergo its texture). But I do understand wanting to have one you could replace easily.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
aslg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyDred View Post
I used the Brotect Matte one: it fits fine, and I can still take notes no problem.
Is that the air-glass one? Does it cover the entire screen, bezels included?
Old 10-15-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
aslg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightyume View Post
Just so you know, the Kobo actually has a screen protector installed at the factory (ergo its texture). But I do understand wanting to have one you could replace easily.
Is that one of those screen protectors that you can remove and replace or a special, permanently glued one? I got the impression that is the latter and, if scratched, there is no replacement available.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:11 AM   #6
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslg View Post
Is that one of those screen protectors that you can remove and replace or a special, permanently glued one? I got the impression that is the latter and, if scratched, there is no replacement available.
I think it's not meant to be removed. The only way to be sure would be to remove it but I'm not willing to risk it

That's why I said I understand wanting one that is easily replaceable. I just wanted to point out that you wouldn't be damaging the glass worst case scenario (unless it really IS worst cast scenario ) and even the "permanent" ones can be removed, just with more care and maybe a few more chemicals.
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #7
PennyDred
PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PennyDred could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura H2O (original)
It's not the fancy glass one, just the regular matte, anti-glare one (not sure if I'm permitted to give the Amazon link). It covers the entire face smoothly, and I certainly hope the glue isn't permanent! I've used the brand before and change them every year or so if they're very scuffed without issues.There's 2 in a pack.
PennyDred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elipsa, screen protector