Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-12-2021, 06:33 AM   #16
Owl_
Addict
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
I read that the onyx boox are the easiest ereader to be hacked and programmed. Have you any link?
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:33 AM   #17
Renate
Connoisseur
Renate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the partyRenate brings flavor and color to the party

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I read that the onyx boox are the easiest ereader to be hacked and programmed.
I don't have an overview of all the Onyx Boox; I do know the Poke3.
What I read about the Max3 is consistent.

(Please correct me if the generalizations I extract from the Poke 3 are wrong.)
They have unlocked bootloaders.
They have Qualcomm processors with accessible EDL Mode test points.
adb reboot edl works! (fastboot oem edl does not)
The models with less (or no) buttons are more problematical for manually selecting normal/recovery/bootloader.
The newer ones use System-as-Root.
The software updates seem to not be incremental???
The software update encryption has already been cracked.

I've been considering ways to permanently root my Poke3 besides the default Magisk.
I generally prefer just a rooted adbd and no su.

So, in short, they seem to be pretty easy.
OTOH, Onyx doesn't seem to be very nice on releasing source.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:41 AM   #18
Owl_
Addict
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Can I use a stylus for note taking in the poke 3?
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:59 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Suspended
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 5, Likebook 4, Tolino 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Can I use a stylus for note taking in the poke 3?
No .
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote