Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 12-06-2006, 04:35 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
STAReBOOK review on MobileRead soon?

I contacted Stareread about a review device of the STAReBOOK a few days ago and received a reply today.
Nothing definite yet, but the guy sounded like he was interested (saying he would ready a device ASAP and that he would like to be reviewed by mobileread.com).

I'll keep you posted on the progress of this project. Maybe we'll soon know whether we have another alternative to the Iliad and the Sony Reader.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I'll keep you posted on the progress of this project. Maybe we'll soon know whether we have another alternative to the Iliad and the Sony Reader...
Hmmm... It's more expensive than the Sony reader and only supports a closed, proprietary eBook format.

I really don't see this unit as an alternative right now.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Details are scarce so far, that is why I requested the review device...the way I understood it, the device also supports .txt and HTML
Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
...And you get to play! D)
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #5
Ebook lover
NUUT, Cybook Device
Ebook lover began at the beginning.

Device: O2
This is a neat device. The thinnest of them all!
Ebook lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Yes, but "thin" isn't exactly a seling feautre, at least not for me.
Screen quality, Battery Life and Content support, those are the features I think are important...and i'd like to see how well the STAReBOOK performs in those areas.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
With no input method, there would be no search. This is a feature that matters pretty heavily to me.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@CommanderROR
Come on! Admit it!...admit that it's a nice toy!
Reminds me of the first time I held a metal backed iPod. I like objects that treat my hands good, that feel nice even with eyes closed! The kind of sensations that sell the worse gadgets!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebook lover
This is a neat device. The thinnest of them all!
Thin= more breakable; with only a panel of glass protecting the e-ink panel, thin is not really a feature i'd be looking for
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Is it glass, or plastic? Do we know? I guess I was rather assuming plastic.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

So far, nobody knows apart from the company...:-)

I hope they'll manage to get a review sample to me, then I see how easy it is to break...just kidding...:-)
Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #12
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
One can read it only with right hand? No chance to turn pages holding it in a left hand? Or I missed something?
I hold my lBook in a left one, it is comfortable for me...
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #13
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Did I mention that I am in Asia and would love to do a review on this device?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKir
One can read it only with right hand? No chance to turn pages holding it in a left hand?
Good questions. And two more things we don't know about this device.

Last edited by NatCh; 12-08-2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Yeah! Why can't anyone make a central thumb control like music players or a bar across the bottom to accomodate smaller hands.