Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Cover Feedback

This is a rough design for the cover for a book I am working on. I wanted to get some feedback from others on how it looks (the actual cover won't have diagonal lines across it).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The 10 Day Pre-writing Workbook.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	387.2 KB
ID:	161392  
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't like the diagonal lines. It might be good without them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't like the diagonal lines. It might be good without them.
The diagonal lines are the watermark. If/when I purchase the image they won't be there.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I don't like that wallpaper. I am not fond of yellowish backgrounds. Between the pattern and the color, my eyes started swimming. I love your book but that cover just is not cutting it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

How about this one?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The 10 Day Pre-writing Workbook (1).jpg
Views:	289
Size:	1,020.9 KB
ID:	161393  
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Yep, I'm with Cinisajoy on this one: the wallpaper doesn't work, far too distracting. Also: the title and author name probably need to be larger.

You posted a new one just as I was writing the above.

The new one looks washed out.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:35 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not enough color now.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
What is that odd-looking contraption on the cover?

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

I like the first manual letter processor better.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

How about something like this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The 10 Day Pre-writing Workbook (3).jpg
Views:	275
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	161402  
Old 01-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #11
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CRich, you're too bashful with the author name.

This latest cover might work if you can reduce the size of the pen and pads enough to give you more room for your title (the pens obscure the words).

How attached are you to your title? It does not do much for me. (It's probably the "pre-writing" that turns me away.)

Something like: Before You Start
With an optional subtitle.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #12
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
CRich, you're too bashful with the author name.

This latest cover might work if you can reduce the size of the pen and pads enough to give you more room for your title (the pens obscure the words).

How attached are you to your title? It does not do much for me. (It's probably the "pre-writing" that turns me away.)

Something like: Before You Start
With an optional subtitle.
I'm not stuck on the title exactly. Just what I came up with during the writing.
Maybe "before you write"
a user's guide. ?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

How does this look?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The 10 Day Pre-writing Workbook (4).jpg
Views:	256
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	161403  
Old 01-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #14
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

I like the title much better.

The cover shows promise, but I think the proportions are still wrong: the pads (in particular) are too large compared to your title and author text. (I quite liked the red you were using for the author before, it seemed to suit the background, it just wasn't large enough.)
Old 01-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #15
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I can't change the size of the pads in the image alas. How is this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	The 10 Day Pre-writing Workbook (5).jpg
Views:	269
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	161404