Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Have you tried clicking on that link? Apparently it makes a difference if the URL is parsed with the quotation mark at the end vs. without. I thought someone was REALLY having a laugh with us b/c of the first pic to load until I tried without the quotation marks. Just a little NSFW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
I did try clicking the link from within my message before I turned in around 4:00 a.m. here, and kept getting the error/timeout message; it does open now - Based on the content, perhaps the server is just a bit bashful(?)
Weird - I see now what you mean about omitting the quotation marks, now it opens to the "real" forum. Guess like I picked the wrong week to apply for the Pulitzer...
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Is my "Wildest Dreams, Within Reason" the official SDK? That's a rather odd cover for a technical manual. Though knowing geeks I can see where they would think the manual needs extra encouragement to ensure developers RTFM.

(If doctoring the URL with a double quote makes such a difference I wonder how many lame SQL injections are possible on the site.)
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_jennings View Post
Is my "Wildest Dreams, Within Reason" the official SDK?
It may be early to call it, but I'm going to say post of the day!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
Sarah is, not surprisingly, right, but a little further down the page is: What Dying People Want.

They're mocking us; I know it.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #20
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet View Post
Sarah is, not surprisingly, right, but a little further down the page is: What Dying People Want.

They're mocking us; I know it.
"Why do Fools Fall in Love" was also some mocking.

P.S. I thought gekos had sticky feet, not dusty....
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
glenj
glenj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Now I'm REALLY confused.

If I go to the forums, I get a page listing a series of eBooks.

If my fiance goes to the forums, she gets the actual forums.

Anyone else getting this dichotomy?
glenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #22
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
I get the page listings for ebooks; can't get the forums.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #23
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenj View Post
Now I'm REALLY confused.

If I go to the forums, I get a page listing a series of eBooks.

If my fiance goes to the forums, she gets the actual forums.

Anyone else getting this dichotomy?
I can't test the dichotomy right now, but when either using the link I posted earlier or using the "History" tab, I am getting a different result than I had previously.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Apologies, I spoke too soon. I'm getting the list of books now.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #25
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

It appears that I can hit threads directly (if I follow the link in my history) but any attempt to hit the main forum page, a subforum (like General discussions) or use search (new posts; posts within the last 24 hrs) gives me the book list.

I'm guessing that THIS is now the end of the forums, as the pieces are being taken away bit by bit. (But, they're not going to remove every single post/thread which is why those can still be hit.)
Old 06-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #26
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

My second reaction was "Who cares?" My first reaction was to see if I get the list of books, too, which I do.

Seems that the site has sustained an attack of entropy.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #27
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

And now I believe that hitting individual threads was the result of caching. I made one last valiant attempt to "turn out the light" but was denied (taken to the page of books).

That's all she wrote! At least I somehow feel better seeing the end myself.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #28
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
It could also have been due to the time it takes to delete all those pages...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
Adiposus Maximus
BMI Chart Buster
Adiposus Maximus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Nook Color, Viewsonic GTablet, Pocket Edge
And it won't let me register the new pocket edge I got in the mail today...getting a mysterious "server error". great timing!
Adiposus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #30
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile

I think you should phone them to ask about registering - they did promise to keep that up.