Device: none
How do I get these to line up?

I have a table of contents that looks like this

Preface
Introduction
Ric Charlesworth >> Hockey Coach
Wayne Bennett >> Rugby League Coach
Ron Barassi >> AFL Coach

I have lined them up by placing them in a table format and while they will stay perfect lined up at all size fonts on the Kindle it does mean the user has to click to get into the table before they can go down to get the link they want. What I'm really after is a way to line up the three columns at all size fonts without a Table that works on the Kindle. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Soparch
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to accomplish, but you could try wrapping the text within <pre> and </pre> HTML tags, using spaces or tabs to line up the text. It would look something like this:

Code:
<pre>
Preface 
Introduction 
Ric Charlesworth	Hockey Coach
Wayne Bennett      	Rugby League Coach
Ron Barassi             AFL Coach
</pre>
This code will use Kindle's monospaced font, though.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does Mobipocket support the "<pre>" tag?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does Mobipocket support the "<pre>" tag?
It seems so: http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...TagRef_OEB.htm
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
As you're working with the Mobipocket Creator: it uses the <tt> tag to the same effect and to this tag the <pre> will be converted while building the mobi file.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks dreamweaver for your help. I must admit I didn't think mobi supported the <pre> tag. Still if it does that certainly opens up possibilities. Does this only work with a monospaced font on the Kindle? Is there any way of getting to work with a normal font.
Soparch
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I know that KindleGen 1.0+ does support the <pre> tag. Unfortunately, I do not know of any way to get the spacing to work with regular fonts other than in a table, which doesn't work well on the Kindle.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 04-08-2011 at 11:15 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote