Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
STAReBOOK firmware update delayed!

Well, it appears there has been some delay for the STAReBOOK firmware update.
Clark at stareread could not tell me the exact date, but it's supposed to be soon. Let's just hope it won't be an iRex soon...

I'm hoping there will be more information soon, especially about the expected features for the new firmware...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:36 AM   #2
Ivan
Connoisseur
Ivan began at the beginning.

what would be new features from this update?
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2007, 12:14 PM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

that is the information I am waiting for now. I hope Clark will be willing and able to tell me something. From earlier information it should bring corrected word wrapping and better fonts, everThing else is guesswork.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #4
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
Sounds like it should be worth while for us STAReFOLK.

And now, if only they would let me read plain text files......

I wonder if they'll employ a user interface designer with a clue to clean up the PC software thou. It works, but its a bit over blinged for my liking.

Micro
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #5
hcobbs
hcobbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Am I the only one who can't find a way to BUY one of these things?
hcobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #6
hagen
hagen began at the beginning.

Device: palm e2, toshiba e400, dell axim, sony prs 505 pocketbook 302
hi
the same to me.
I want to buy a STAReBOOK somehow without traveling around the world.
and what to do if the device is broken or has malfunctions.
is there no way to buy it in europe ?

hagen
hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
micro
Connoisseur

I can't help you with the buying side of it. I travelled to taiwan to buy mine (I was going there anyway thou, I'm not that much of a geek. Oh wait, I am). Support seems pretty responsive once you work out how to access them. Its a live chat messanger style thingo.

Maybe email them direct and ask them. you never know but they might be willing to ship internationally. There are actual STAReREAD shops and they might ship internationally.

good luck,
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #8
micro
Connoisseur

Any updates yet on the status of the update? I believe that someone mentioned June, but thats not too far away now,

fingers crossed,

micro
Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #9
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

The last info I got was June.
The cooperation with a french company is coming to is fruition soon according to Clark Lee, and apparently the new firmware is somehow related to that. Clark told me that I could send my device in to have it safely reflashed with the french firmware, but I think i'll wait and se what happens and what other options there'll be before doing that.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #10
micro
Connoisseur

oooh, the option of factory flashing could be nice, shame that it'll be a killer in postage I'm wondering if there is any way we could flash it ourselves, with a "return to factory" option in case we screw it up somehow... Nice to have that safety net available, even if it costs a few $$$

mike
Old 06-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #11
micro
Connoisseur

Well, we are getting close to mid June and no firmware oh well. fingers crossed for something this month.

I'm guessing no news ?

micro
Old 06-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

unfortunately I have no new information. I'll try to contact Clark or Ivan again in a few days and ask for an update.
I don't have my STAReBOOK right now since I lent it Tribble for testing purposes so if they release the firmware update in the next few days I'll be very angry...
Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #13
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
dont worry. If a new firmware comes up, ill test it quick and send you a package right away
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #14
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
The last info I got was June.
The cooperation with a french company is coming to is fruition soon according to Clark Lee, and apparently the new firmware is somehow related to that. Clark told me that I could send my device in to have it safely reflashed with the french firmware, but I think i'll wait and se what happens and what other options there'll be before doing that.
If by french device you mean Bookeen's device, then I guess the firmware update won't be in June, but in July.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

No I mean the LesEchos firmware...^^