Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #16
fishhawk101
fishhawk101 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505/nook
Hi Abulia.
Just a heads up that Fictionwise (which is owned by Barnes and Noble) is having 40-60% off this week (through Sunday). You won't get the covers to scroll through on the nook if you order through them, but I would rather pay $3 for a bestseller and stock up then pay the $6 the regular Barnes and Noble store charges. You may not want to tell your wife though...if she got excited about the nook itself, she might go crazy with the credit card buying just as much in books. I took this opportunity to get ebooks for the physical books on my keeper shelves. I love ebooks!!!!
fishhawk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #17
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
It is. Click the link in my sig.
Cool, thanks for the heads up. I've been watching the Kindle Optimizer site to see when those fonts will be updated. I really like the "update_tall_fonts_install.bin: The K2 font scaled vertically by 115%, horizontally by 105%. Slightly bold, but thinned out a bit to be as thin as possible while retain good legibility at the smallest sizes. Some characters tweaked for greater clarity.". Know of anywhere else to get this font?
Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:15 PM   #18
TechnoChuck
TechnoChuck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Cool How didja get that MAC Address?

Abulia said, "After having the better part of the evening to use the device, a few random bits.

* Setting up wireless was painless. I just added the Nook's MAC address into my AP's whitelist and connected without issue. This sped up store usage considerably."......

Hi, I'm new here. I found this forum while searching for an answer related to the B&N Nook.
Got my Nook yesterday. Last night at dinner with firends, the responses were VERY interesting to say the least. Some were immediately taken, one or two were completely "hands-off" and one was completely turned off by it! The warm responses far and away outnumbered and were stronger than all others, but it was telling....
Anyway, I saw your post (and THANK YOU for your clarity and thoroughness).
With only one day, I appreciate your comments and share much of what you rreport. This morning, I had a lock-up that was somewhat disconcerting...... OK, I was freaked out! But it worked itself out in short order and I'm much better now....
My question to you is how did you find your Nook MAC address?
I have two networks that use MAC filtering and must provide them to get IT to permit my Nook.
Interstingly, they're perfectly OK with the notion of having an eBook reader on the company network......

Thanks again for your excellent posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB260126.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	41069  

Last edited by TechnoChuck; 12-11-2009 at 02:32 PM.
TechnoChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
TechnoChuck
TechnoChuck began at the beginning.

Abulia, thanks for your extensive review!

Say, this place is pretty cool!
Glad I found it, but can't claim any intelligence in the happy accident.

So color with with a bright red newbie face...... I looked around inthe wi-fi settings and found it all..... just goes to show that the surprises are always related to our willingness to explore.

Cheers all!

TC

Last edited by TechnoChuck; 12-11-2009 at 02:57 PM.
TechnoChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
Abulia
Enthusiast
Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoChuck View Post
My question to you is how did you find your Nook MAC address?
Goto Settings and on the second page is your firmware version and some other data, including your Nook's MAC address.

I haven't experienced any lockups or reboots with my Nook. I've thrown quite a few books that I downloaded at it, plus some converted .lit files and HUGE PDFs. Nook displays them without a hitch.
Abulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #21
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Formatting message on the Nook

Does the new firmware update address the formatting issue for each book every time you select it to read - the only time I do not see the formatting message is from the "reading now" option ...
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, impressions, nook