Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2020, 12:31 AM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
New Error

calibre, version 4.7.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such module: fts5

calibre 4.7 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 7, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 2, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && GetFileName (0, 1, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 82) && Import List (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && Goodreads_Rating (3, 1, 0) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 185) && View Manager (1, 5, 7) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && F_rating (3, 2, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 7) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && FictionDB (1, 2, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && User Category (1, 5, 5) && Reading List (1, 6, 15) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 12) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Overdrive Link (2, 42, 0) && Overdrive Link* (2, 42, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 404, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 378, in do_library_delete
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 416, in delete_books_by_id
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1647, in remove_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1676, in remove_books
File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 886, in executemany
File "c:\t\t\apsw-nhrdandw\src\cursor.c", line 1136, in APSWCursor_executemany.sqlite3_prepare
File "c:\t\t\apsw-nhrdandw\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
SQLError: SQLError: no such module: fts5

I think this is because I have two instances of Calibre running on my computer, and it only happens with books that I want to delete that have no format. I can't delete it in one libary, so I close it out and restart Calibre in another version and it will delete.

I totally don't expect anything to be done since it probably only occurs when two different versions of Calibre run on the same computer and the same libary. I was just putting it out there.

Also, this only started when I updated to Calibre 5
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update to calibre 4.23
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 02:29 AM   #3
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mean downgrade?

Im running 4.7x32 and 5.4.2x64

It isn't a big problem right now. Is this something that is a bug that will get fixed, or is this a permanent thing?

Last edited by Rellwood; 10-31-2020 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:31 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
23 >7
upgrade
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:44 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
You mean downgrade?

It isn't a big problem right now. Is this something that is a bug that will get fixed, or is this a permanent thing?
It isn't a bug, but, if you upgrade the 4.7 installation 4.23 it will work.

The problem is that there have been changes in the database for version 5. This needs an extra module. The module was added to calibre after 4.7. It is in 4.23. Hence Kovid's recommendation to upgrade to 4.23.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #6
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
You mean downgrade?

Don't feel bad. I get messed up with the numbering system all the time. to me, that should be 4.07, but it doesn't work that way. not sure why. I guess a leading zero is implied where a trailing zero is implicit? ie, 4.7 vs 4.70?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookstooge View Post
Don't feel bad. I get messed up with the numbering system all the time. to me, that should be 4.07, but it doesn't work that way. not sure why. I guess a leading zero is implied where a trailing zero is implicit? ie, 4.7 vs 4.70?
Alpha rules
dot is a delimiter, not a fraction (beside, it has always been done that way )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Alpha rules
dot is a delimiter, not a fraction (beside, it has always been done that way )
What are alpha rules?
And don't get me wrong, I'm not asking anyone to change how this is done (unlike some people here at MR who think their personal likes/dislikes should dictate where posts go), just wondering what the original thought process behind that kind of release was.

Edited to add:
Not sure what I'd even google (for terms) to find out.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:29 PM   #9
Rellwood

I can't upgrade to 4.23 because of the Goodreads Sync plugin. I have been trying to get help with it, and I did a ton of bug reports, but it seems that the updated plugin that won't work with Calibre versions higher than 4.7 it takes a very long time to for Calibre to get from "syncing shelves" to "shelves synced". Like 5 seconds per book per shelf. I simply cannot use it.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what to do, I would appreciate it. I pretty much only use that Calibre 32 for when I sync my GR shelves. It would be a pain to have to use the portable Calibre each time I wanted to sync from Goodreads.

Also, is there a potential problem working on the same library from multiple instances of Calibre. I will open up a different user profile and use Calibre there and point it to my current library across from different users. I switch back and forth between versions all the time. I was just wondering if this might be a reason why all of a suddent my library metadata updating just slowed down to taking up to three seconds to update each book.

Last edited by Rellwood; 10-31-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I can't upgrade to 4.23 because of the Goodreads Sync plugin. I have been trying to get help with it, and I did a ton of bug reports, but it seems that the updated plugin that won't work with Calibre versions higher than 4.7 it takes a very long time to for Calibre to get from "syncing shelves" to "shelves synced". Like 5 seconds per book per shelf. I simply cannot use it.
Here's the problem. The plugin works. No-one else is reporting the problem. And your reports have been so bad that it was only the last one that you actually said what function of the plugin was having problems (I could guess, but that's always a bad idea) or were in that process the problem was occurring. And I did ask each time. You just repeated the same information. Which came down to "it runs to slower than before".

Now, I had spent a considerable amount of time trying to follow up those bad reports. I just haven't had time, or motivation for that matter, to follow up the latest report.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #11
danowak
danowak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I keep getting this error when I try to delete a book. SQLError: SQLError: no such module: fts5. I had updated to the latest version but had problems so I tried uninstalling and using my previous version which worked fine for me.

I started getting the error which I now believe is because I keep my library in my D drive, I have for years. Now I have W10 and an ssd hard drive (I think that's the right name). I https://www.computerhope.com/issues/....htm#windows10 but I'm lost when it comes to writing the CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH

I get to Environment Variables, highlight the Path variable and click the Edit button. The only Program Files I have is for Windows live. How do I write the exception?
danowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to use calibre version 4.23 or later.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:08 AM   #13
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Im getting the same problem here: SQLError: SQLError: no such module: fts5
Didn't had this problem in the old version so its the new update that breaks it.

When i install the version below the latest then the problem is fixed.

Last edited by JohhnyMix; 11-04-2020 at 09:10 AM.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote