Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #46
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
6 kindles per account.
You can have more than 6 Kindles (or Kindle Book Reading devices) registered to one account. You can only *share* books on up to 6 Kindles on the same account (in some cases the license is for fewer than 6). See the Kindle Myths link in my sig.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #47
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
the mac version is still "coming soon"
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #48
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
at least macs are getting a version. on the plus side, you should be able to run it with Wine.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #49
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Hey it works on Linux using wine!
It works fine and opens mobi and prc files already available on my linux netbook. Drawbacks: Menu texts are gobbled away and the books seem not to be synced, so I still have no easy way to transfer my own books to the kindle on my iPod. Buying a book works only via iPhone and iPod syncing as the software can't open a downloaded book directly! No biggie, though!

If I turn my display to portrait mode, the book does only take about 70-80% of the screen and thus appears quite thin. I'am tickled that it works so good, though!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #50
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Got it on the new netbook running Windows 7. Bought my first book, Stephen Lawhead's "Hood". Like the display, like the font size options, and am thrilled to be able to have access to the books. Now I just have to really watch my book budget! There's a bunch I can access now I couldn't before, and after this weekend I can't afford to really go nuts in the Kindle Store.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #51
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Got it on the new netbook running Windows 7. Bought my first book, Stephen Lawhead's "Hood". Like the display, like the font size options, and am thrilled to be able to have access to the books. Now I just have to really watch my book budget! There's a bunch I can access now I couldn't before, and after this weekend I can't afford to really go nuts in the Kindle Store.
I have had the Kindle for iPhone for about 6 weeks now and I do already have 50!! books on my Kindle account. This is so ridiculous, guys!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #52
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I have had the Kindle for iPhone for about 6 weeks now and I do already have 50!! books on my Kindle account. This is so ridiculous, guys!
I started a Kindle wishlist at Amazon the second I heard about Kindle for PC. It so far has 26 items on it, reduced by the one I just bought. I wasn't really expecting the software to launch until the end of the month, when I'd have another larger than normal paycheck to play with. So now I just have to be patient and do what I've been doing all along with Books on Board and BN - whittle it down a little at a time.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #53
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I started a Kindle wishlist at Amazon the second I heard about Kindle for PC. It so far has 26 items on it, reduced by the one I just bought. I wasn't really expecting the software to launch until the end of the month, when I'd have another larger than normal paycheck to play with. So now I just have to be patient and do what I've been doing all along with Books on Board and BN - whittle it down a little at a time.
Do you know about this?

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/

I bought some of those 1.99$ books and they're quite good!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #54
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Do you know about this?

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/

I bought some of those 1.99$ books and they're quite good!
No, I didn't, thanks! Up til now I've pretty much been ignoring sales/deals/freebies at Amazon because they didn't do me any good. Guess I'll need to start paying attention, now!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #55
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Hey, that's on my list too! I was trying to download a preview copy at work, but apparently, it doesn't work through the proxy... I did find out it's in Topaz format though... (while all the books are saved with a .prc extension, some are mobi books and some are topaz books).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone with a Kindle and Kindle for PC download a book with Kindle for PC and then copy it to the Kindle via USB to see it if works? The book has to have DRM and be AZW. Thanks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hey, that's on my list too! I was trying to download a preview copy at work, but apparently, it doesn't work through the proxy... I did find out it's in Topaz format though... (while all the books are saved with a .prc extension, some are mobi books and some are topaz books).
I had a suspicion it was Topaz, someone I knew had downloaded a sample and it was .tpz. I did copy the file to another folder on my hard drive as a safety precaution in case Amazon ever decides to pull another "we're pulling this content because of a mistake" stunt. That will be standard operating procedure for anything I buy from them.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #58
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Speaking of format, I accidentally found this
http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-epub/...7886334&sr=1-1

epub ??

Quote:
At least macs are getting a version. on the plus side, you should be able to run it with Wine.
No dice for me on linux.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #59
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Eowyn, what is it doing?
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #60
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
So far, I've been poking around the registry, and not seen anything that has info on the account being used. Not seen any files either. Running a more exhaustive search.

EDIT:
Found a file of some interest at C:\Documents & Settings\usernamegoeshere\Local Settings\Application Data\Amazon\Kindle For PC\{AMAwzsaPaaZAzmZzZQzgZCAkZ3AjA_AY}\kindle.info

The bracketed folder is obviously randomly generated, and the file contains a 10kb string of similarly seemingly random generated characters. My guess, the PID is in there.
Could be, as that folder isn't created for me... I only downloaded sample books so far (and they aren't DRM protected).
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote