Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: How has your Pocket PRO been for you?
Just great. It has been trouble free so far. 15 34.09%
Great, but small problems. All fixed to date. 17 38.64%
Fine, but small problems still awaiting being fixed. 6 13.64%
Good.... wish it was better. I might buy Astak again 6 13.64%
Good, but I would not buy again. 1 2.27%
Fair.... I like it generally but am looking for another 1 2.27%
Poor.... it has generally missed all my expectations 0 0%
I feel Astak really cares and will get better 16 36.36%
I feel Astak cares but not much 0 0%
I hate Astak and support Amazon Evil Forces. 1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Davimee, send me a PM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
This explains things. I received my replacement Pocket Pro in the mail yesterday. There was a slight problem with it (nothing major, and not with the Pocket Pro itself, but the case), so I emailed customer support. Since it is nothing major (and I have found a temporary work around) I can wait, if need be, to hear back from customer support. I will wait a few days to vote because I'd rather say "great, all problems fixed," than "fine, still awaiting to be fixed," especially since it just came up yesterday, and I want to give sufficient time to have it taken care of. Because from what I've experienced so far, the device and customer service are both terrific, and I don't want to skew the poll.
Dear Davimee:

You are a good person. Just send me a copy of your email with your real name and email address and I will ensure it gets prompt response while the regular tech is away!! I will get on it Monday!! I finally have a weekend off!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #17
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Thanks, Robert! I just sent the PM. Enjoy your weekend off!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Take advantage of this poll, please.

Dear All:

Here is your chance to speak up and state your feelings in this poll. We would love to have all opinions.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #19
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Yay, I am now able to vote! I love my Pocket Pro, but more than that, I am impressed with Astak's customer service. I have had a few problems, but Astak has done a terrific job seeing that everything was taken care of. In a way, having a few difficulties has been a blessing, as it's given me an opportunity to see just how much Astak cares about their customers, and takes the steps necessary to make things right. It's kind of a weird way of looking at things, I realize, but sometimes weird is ok. *l*
Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
Robertb

Our regular TECH is back!!

Quote:
This explains things. I received my replacement Pocket Pro in the mail yesterday. There was a slight problem with it (nothing major, and not with the Pocket Pro itself, but the case), so I emailed customer support. Since it is nothing major (and I have found a temporary work around) I can wait, if need be, to hear back from customer support. I will wait a few days to vote because I'd rather say "great, all problems fixed," than "fine, still awaiting to be fixed," especially since it just came up yesterday, and I want to give sufficient time to have it taken care of. Because from what I've experienced so far, the device and customer service are both terrific, and I don't want to skew the poll.
Dear All:

Our regular TECH is back and plowing through about 50 emails and a host of phone messages. PLEASE let me know if he does not contact you in a few days at most. His name is Elliott and he is bone tired but working hard to catch up!!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #21
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Yay, I am now able to vote! I love my Pocket Pro, but more than that, I am impressed with Astak's customer service. I have had a few problems, but Astak has done a terrific job seeing that everything was taken care of. In a way, having a few difficulties has been a blessing, as it's given me an opportunity to see just how much Astak cares about their customers, and takes the steps necessary to make things right. It's kind of a weird way of looking at things, I realize, but sometimes weird is ok. *l*
Support is really go from what I have encountered. I am waiting to hear back from what is going to happen with my thrid replacement due to paint problems... I was going to hang on to this one, but with the pixels burnt out and having the paint peel up around all the keys I am going to send it back and get it replaced. I kind of feel cheated at this point. I hate spending 200.00 on an item is constantly giving problems and having to be replaced, but at this point I am kind of stuck. I just hope replacement number four is defect free. With all that aside though the support is excellent, which was my main reason for going with astak over the sony or the nook. The reviews for thier support team was outstanding compared to others
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #22
binbinbook
binbinbook began at the beginning.

Device: pp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear bibbinbook:

I am really sorry about this. Three emails is too much. I will try to have the meails checked by somebody else during the absence. GOD, I hope it ends soon. I want to get back to reacting promptly.
Dear Roberb, your presence here is something really very positive and great to Astak! Before this, I was just thinking that Astak had closed their ears to their customers' complaints. So your info is really helpful. As you said the tech's back, so I will wait for another couple of days.
binbinbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #23
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Support is really go from what I have encountered. I am waiting to hear back from what is going to happen with my thrid replacement due to paint problems... I was going to hang on to this one, but with the pixels burnt out and having the paint peel up around all the keys I am going to send it back and get it replaced. I kind of feel cheated at this point. I hate spending 200.00 on an item is constantly giving problems and having to be replaced, but at this point I am kind of stuck. I just hope replacement number four is defect free. With all that aside though the support is excellent, which was my main reason for going with astak over the sony or the nook. The reviews for thier support team was outstanding compared to others
I understand! Plus all the shipping expense to keep sending it back really adds up. But from what I can see, their customer service outweighs the difficulties, at least that I've had so far. I haven't seen customer service like this in a long time, so Astak is really doing a great job in that respect!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
Robertb

One person supporting Amazon Evil Forces

Dear all:

We are trying to get things better. I do appreciate the kind words; and hope we can get even better!

One person on the poll does hate Astak and supports Amazon Evil Forces.

They have gone to the Dark Side of the force!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I emailed tech support on friday and haven't heard anything back from them yet. I am starting to wonder if they got my email or not. I also called and left a voice message but haven't gotten a call either. I know Eillot was out of the office for a while, but i was wondering if others were starting to get replies to emails yet so I figure out if it's just my email... agian
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote