stacis16 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader PRS-505
Kindle -- Slate Magazine Editorial

Slate Editorial About the Kindle
stacis16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Thanks!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Vocabulary builder

Mostly dull article, because it only uses buzzwords ("primarily cultural arbitration and editing") rather than real suggestions to help publishers learn how to let go of their now-obsolete profit model.

But at least it got me to look up the definition of "disintermediated."
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Yea, I agree. Kind of a generic article.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The article was fine, but as you said, fairly generic, and some of it I didn't particularly agree with. The author made a point about the lack of back lighting being a draw back and I don't see it that way at all.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Canton View Post
The article was fine, but as you said, fairly generic, and some of it I didn't particularly agree with. The author made a point about the lack of back lighting being a draw back and I don't see it that way at all.
I think what he is saying is: "... lack of built-in lighting ..." [bolding mine]. It's not necessarily back-lighting
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #7
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm listening to Talk of the Nation right now and they just announced an interview with him starting after the break.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote