Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
Major General
Zealot
Major General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmos

Device: Newest KF 10, iPad, iPad Mini
Is there a way to import kepub to calibre/convert a kepub to other formats?

I need to (1) Find a way to import a kepub into my Calibre library and (2) Find a plugin that will allow me to convert it to azw3. Any way to do these?
Major General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unless the kepub has DRM, it can usually be treated as an epub. There is some Javascript that can be ignored and the spans for the Kobo ids. Removing the spans is being discussed in the Modify ePub plugin thread with a test version of the plugin being posted.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Major General
Zealot
Major General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmosMajor General has become one with the cosmos

I tried making the file extension .epub but I get gibberish when I import the file to Calibre and try to open it in Calibre.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Major General
Zealot

And Calibre won't convert the file to .azw3
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If calibre won't open it after renaming this more than likely means the file is still DRM'ed.

Maybe "Apprentice Alf" might have something for Kobo DRM?

If he does, you might also want to look at the update being done to the "Modify ePub" plugin to remove the superfluous Kobo added <span> </span> classes. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=637 for the newest version of the modified plugin. You will have to install this manually by downloading it and then on the calibre plugin page select "Load plugin from file" and then select the plugin you downloaded.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
Major General
Zealot

How do I use that plugin to remove the superfluous Kobo classes? I don't know what to check after I click on "Modify epub"
Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major General View Post
How do I use that plugin to remove the superfluous Kobo classes? I don't know what to check after I click on "Modify epub"
You don't unless the DRM is not there.
We can't discuss that part. Apprentice Alf is good to know
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #8
Major General
Zealot

I found the info there, but using Python scripts is way over my head. Has anyone put that into a plug-in I can add to Calibre?

Last edited by Major General; 04-08-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, as stated above, it's against the rules here to discuss DRM removal, but I think it is safe to say that what you have is what is available.

As it is a kepub with DRM, it has to have come from the Kobo shop. Have you checked if the epub version is available for you to download? Kobo supply an epub version for most books. Go to Kobo site and check your library for a link to the epub version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #10
Major General
Zealot

Did that, no such luck. Emailed Kobo requesting refund, we'll see what happens.