Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #61
Willie Aames
Willie Aames began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
Myself and some others here have reported that the $100 credit has been applied less than 2 weeks after purchase. I know of at least one person who then got the $50 credit a few days later (he ordered a few days earlier than me; I'm still waiting for the $50). The promo on the website says:
  • You must be approved for the card by 06/30/2009.
  • The purchase must be made by 09/14/09

I've attached screenshots of this earlier in this thread. I would think that with those shots you'd be able to get the deal even if some rep thinks it's expired. Of course, I'm not from Sony so use my opinions at your own risk.
Just to add on to this as I was the one that already received the $150 credit - I called the Sony Card Customer care to make sure the offer went through properly. I had an odd case because when checking out, an additional $30 was taken off due to existing Sony Rewards Points (my total ended up being $121 after rebate and rewards)

It may in your best interest to call in a week or so to confirm everything is going smoothly. I did, and they applied the full $150 in about 2 days.

Last edited by Willie Aames; 06-12-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Willie Aames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #62
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Thank you Willie!
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #63
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Biting the bullet

OK... I'm going to bite the bullet and see if the Sony offer is still valid.

I've signed up for the card, signed up for Sony Rewards, got the option of the silver, red, or blue reader (picked blue) and I'm going to add the lighted cover, too. (My friend has one and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked.)

The worst that can happen is they no longer support the deal and I pack it off to them.

I like the 505, but not so much as to spend $300 on it.
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #64
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like we will find out together! For those that have already benefitted from this, how was it delivered, USPS/UPS/FedX, and how long did it take?
Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #65
Willie Aames
Willie Aames began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Looks like we will find out together! For those that have already benefitted from this, how was it delivered, USPS/UPS/FedX, and how long did it take?
FedEx and uber quick. I ordered on a Monday Night (Memorial Day), and I received by Friday.
Willie Aames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #66
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Aames View Post
Just to add on to this as I was the one that already received the $150 credit - I called the Sony Card Customer care to make sure the offer went through properly. I had an odd case because when checking out, an additional $30 was taken off due to existing Sony Rewards Points (my total ended up being $121 after rebate and rewards)

It may in your best interest to call in a week or so to confirm everything is going smoothly. I did, and they applied the full $150 in about 2 days.
Thanks Willie. I have my $100 credit, but I'm still waiting for the $50. Good to know that I'll probably need to call.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #67
benham
Guru

How long before you see the $100 credit? Nothing on my account yet but it's only been 2 days. Actually ony 1 business day if that makes a difference.

Thanks again Willie. I asked because we are going out of town Friday and didn't want USPS to just leave it on the porch if the were delivering it. Ordered it Thursday so maybe will have it by then!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #68
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
I shared all those details in my recent reply right here in this thread. You have six of you own replies right before that and many more after - just read the thread
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #69
benham
Guru

So you did. I ordered Thursday and it still hasn't shown up on my CC.

But I was able to find the Fed-Ex # and it is ON THE VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY!

When did the credits show up on your card?

Last edited by benham; 06-16-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #70
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
When did the credits show up on your card?
I was charged the nearly $300 the day the Reader was shipped (8 June 1009). The $100 adjustment (from Chase) happened on the same day I received my Reader (11 June 2009). The $50 adjustment (from Sony) hasn't happened yet, but as I remember the terms I accepted when I took the offer was 8-12 weeks for both adjustments, so no complaints.

Just an FYI for any existing Chase customers - I was already using online banking with Chase but the Sony/VISA card wasn't showing up with my other accounts (checking, savings, overdraft, other VISA) until I called to ask about it. They instantly linked the new Sony/VISA to my other accounts so I can see it all together now. Once I've hit the thresholds for the additional $200 in credits I'll be canceling that card anyway.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #71
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post
...Just an FYI for any existing Chase customers - I was already using online banking with Chase but the Sony/VISA card wasn't showing up with my other accounts (checking, savings, overdraft, other VISA) until I called to ask about it. They instantly linked the new Sony/VISA to my other accounts so I can see it all together now. Once I've hit the thresholds for the additional $200 in credits I'll be canceling that card anyway.
I too was also already using on-line banking with my Chase Rewards Visa. I was able to manually add my Sony Rewards Visa somewhere deep within the account settings. Worth looking in to if you prefer that to making phone calls.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #72
benham
Guru

The Sony card showed up right away online with my Chase accounts. Got my Reader and it's all charged up! Now it's time for Step 6.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #73
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
So you did. I ordered Thursday and it still hasn't shown up on my CC.

But I was able to find the Fed-Ex # and it is ON THE VEHICLE FOR DELIVERY!
Where are you finding the tracking information on the Sony site?

The closest thing I've seen to an order history is the points redemption history which does show an order number and order date in the pop-up, but no shipping info.

(Of course, it may simply be that it hasn't shipped yet! )

-JPB
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #74
Zero9
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Where are you finding the tracking information on the Sony site?

The closest thing I've seen to an order history is the points redemption history which does show an order number and order date in the pop-up, but no shipping info.

(Of course, it may simply be that it hasn't shipped yet! )

-JPB
For me, I never saw tracking info on the Sony Rewards site and never got an email about shipping. It just showed up on my doorstep 5 business days after I ordered.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #75
benham
Guru

Go to Sony Rewards and log in
Underneath where it says Welcome click on Your Account
Under Your Accounts click on Redemption History
Click on the Order#
Click on the Fed Ex tracking #

Tags
prs-505, sony