Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 03:02 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Completely Unfounded Prediction

Kindle Paperwhite with night mode by Mother's Day. I just can't see Amazon not jumping into what seems to be a future trend.

(If I'm wrong, I was NEVER here.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Kindle Paperwhite with night mode by Mother's Day. I just can't see Amazon not jumping into what seems to be a future trend.

By 'night mode', do you mean the white text on black background or the blue light filter the Glowlight 3 has? I don't see them introducing the blue light filter in the Paperwhite. Why would people buy the Oasis or Voyage then?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
By 'night mode', do you mean the white text on black background or the blue light filter the Glowlight 3 has? I don't see them introducing the blue light filter in the Paperwhite. Why would people buy the Oasis or Voyage then?
Page turn buttons.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Page turn buttons.
I just don't see them introducing a feature in the Paperwhite that isn't available in their premium models.

Night mode (assuming we are talking about blue light filtering) would be a hardware update and why would they start that on their economy model?
Old 12-27-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Wait. What?
Buttons. Those things you use so you don't have to touch the screen.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Buttons. Those things you use so you don't have to touch the screen.
Yeah, it came off as a non-sequitur, but I puzzled out his meaning.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Yeah, it came off as a non-sequitur, but I puzzled out his meaning.
Your post ended with a question that I answered directly. I type very slowly, so I might tend to be terse, especially since elaboration can introduce ambiguity. I left in the first part of your post to provide context.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Your post ended with a question that I answered directly. I type very slowly, so I might tend to be terse, especially since elaboration can introduce ambiguity. I left in the first part of your post to provide context.
You're cool, dude. It's what I get for checking while I'm at work.

For some reason, I thought you were predicting page turn buttons would come to the Paperwhite.

I still say Amazon won't introduce a feature (blue light filter for night reading) to the Paperwhite that isn't already available on the Voyage and Oasis.

Now, rcentros hasn't answered my question. If by 'night mode' s/he just meant inverting the black and white like you can do on the Oasis, that could be done through a software update, I think. So it well may happen.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Page turn buttons used to be on the non touch screen models. When Amazon discovered that some people actually preferred them, they decided to make it a premium feature on the Voyage and Oasis.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:56 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post

Now we just wait to see when BadeReader picks this up as what's coming soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Page turn buttons are an added cost that doesn't need to be added because the touch screen works to do what the buttons do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:27 PM   #12
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Page turn buttons are an added cost that doesn't need to be added because the touch screen works to do what the buttons do.
Yes, but some people actually *prefer* buttons.

Imagine that...some people have preferences different from yours. It's an amazing thing, isn't it?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Yes, but some people actually *prefer* buttons.

Imagine that...some people have preferences different from yours. It's an amazing thing, isn't it?

Shari
But I can see a day to come where there won't be buttons other than the power button.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:51 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But I can see a day to come where there won't be buttons other than the power button.
I don't see that since they are now a premium feature. It isn't our fault, you don't like buttons. I will be nice and not post buttons in this thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I don't see that since they are now a premium feature. It isn't our fault, you don't like buttons. I will be nice and not post buttons in this thread.
Feel free to post buttons. I have a T1 and I've used the pager turn buttons less than 10 times. But as I see it, there's no need for them and you say it's a premium feature. We then are already paying enough for a top end Reader. No need to pay more for buttons when there is a perfectly good touch screen.

I think there should be an Oasis without the buttons at a lower price. I think it would sell better.