Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 02:50 AM   #1
usernameforbidde
usernameforbidde began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Replace media?

I can't find a "replace media" tool or menu option. Is there one?

PS. the Windows version of this app just looked ok, but the Linux version looks fantastic and seems to be one of the few apps which works well with display scaling on Gnome/Wayland! I'll absolutely be making a donation soon.

Last edited by usernameforbidde; 07-19-2023 at 02:52 AM.
usernameforbidde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:14 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
By 'replace media' do you mean swap one image for another or something??

If so, all you need to do is select the image(s) you wish to delete and hit the delete key; then add the new image(s) Files (file/add/existing files -or- the green circle with a white plus sign in the middle on the toolbar).

I've only used the Windows version and think it looks awesome! AFAIR the only differences in OS versions is that Linux does themes better...but I'm not sure that is a Sigil thing??

Can you post a screen shot of each to show the difference? If it is WAY better I might have to request my $$ back!

BTW - Unfortunately the Sigil pros don't accept donations, they do all this for free. If you see a donate button on a webpage somewhere it is NOT going to the current developers. I think they mentioned it (the donate button in Sigil) may still go to the original developer from long, long ago...

Last edited by Turtle91; 07-19-2023 at 08:27 AM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 10:40 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I've only used the Windows version and think it looks awesome! AFAIR the only differences in OS versions is that Linux does themes better...but I'm not sure that is a Sigil thing??
It is definitely not a Sigil thing. It is a Qt thing (and a Linux distro thing where they have their own styles for Qt apps).

We have a dark-mode theme that's included with Sigil that can be used on Linux, but one needs to set an environment variable to see that. Other than that, It's whatever Qt theming a Linux distro is doing by default. Some do it well out of the box, some not so well. And all can be overridden/tweaked by the user if they're so inclined).

Windows (as well as Mac and Linux) can also be tweaked by using qss/css overrides made available via files placed in the user preference directory.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote