Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2011 View Post
Also all my "Books I am reading" have disappeared.
With a WiFi with current firmware I'm also experiencing the exact same "Books I am reading" being blank.

Have opened https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/808382

Last edited by PeterT; 07-10-2011 at 11:18 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #17
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
Thank you Kovid for the reply.

As far as I know I do have the latest update...

I have firmware 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 30 2010).

I have the first Kobo the one before the WiFi.

It use to work just fine with Calibre.

Peace,
John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
John; what is your setting in Calibre for Metadata Management under Preferences | Import / Export | Sending books to Device?

Mine was at Automatic but I have now gone back to Manual; my "Books I am reading" is now staying put.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 AM   #19
worky
worky began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I've just upgraded from 0.7.XX to 0.8.9 (uninstalling previous version) and I've met the following behavior:

- converting a file from RTF to EPUB, the process failed with message: "[Errno13] Permission denied: rtf_write_file"

- trying to Add an HTML file ended with "Unable to load file"
- trying to Add an RTF file ended with "Unable to load file"

I've downgraded to previous version (0.7.XX), after uninstall of 0.8.9 and surprise: it can't add any file (RTF or HTML).

I've made a complete uninstall of this version (deleted all directories, files and registry keys with 'Calibre' in name), installed again ver. 0.8.9 and the behavior was as above: first file conversion fail with Errno 13, and then unable to load any file.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
worky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #20
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I get an odd error when I try to install Calibre: The installation package couldn't be opened. Contact the reseller to confirm that it is a valid Installation package." I have no idea what's causing it. The previous version worked fine.

I run Windows 7 not sure what kind of version.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by worky View Post
- converting a file from RTF to EPUB, the process failed with message: "[Errno13] Permission denied: rtf_write_file"
This is an OS level error and has nothing to do with Calibre.

You might want to try doing a hard reset of your device or a different USB cable or port, but beyond that I don't have a clue.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I get an odd error when I try to install Calibre: The installation package couldn't be opened. Contact the reseller to confirm that it is a valid Installation package." I have no idea what's causing it. The previous version worked fine.

I run Windows 7 not sure what kind of version.
Your install msi file is corrupted. Delete the install msi file and redownload it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #23
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by John2011 View Post
Thank you Kovid for the reply.

As far as I know I do have the latest update...

I have the latest firmware 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 30 2010).

I have the first Kobo the one before the WiFi.

It use to work just fine with Calibre.

Peace,
John P
I have exactly the same error as John, original kobo 1, running firmware version 1.8.3 (r22907, Dec 30 2010), calibre 0.8.9

Here's the error:

Error: Error communicating with device

no such column: FavouritesIndex

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 332, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 278, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 724, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 696, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 611, in reset_favouritesindex
OperationalError: no such column: FavouritesIndex

I reverted to 0.8.7 and the problem was resolved.

Last edited by kiwipippa; 07-13-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added in workaround - back to 0.8.7
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:43 AM   #24
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
I have resolved my problem as well.

I have re-installed Calibre 0.8.4 and all is well again.

I think the Kobo Touch mods in Calibre is upset with the old Kobo file structure or something.

Peace,
John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote