Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #2176
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Rogue King (Inferno Rising #1) by Abigail Owen (A/5 stars)
  • A Winning Battle by Carla Neggers (B+/4 stars)
  • The Captive Shifter (Magic of Claddare #1) by Veronica Scott (B/4 stars)
  • Winter Solstice Dream (Magic of Claddare #1.5) by Veronica Scott (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-27.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	174565  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:54 PM   #2177
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Marin's Promise: A Scottish Medieval Romance (Borderland Ladies Book 1) by Madeline Martin is on sale for 99 cents!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P6T9NXY
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2019, 01:03 PM   #2178
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I've never read any books by NJ Walters, but there is one title in today's US Kindle Daily Deal, Drakon Unchained (5th in the Blood of the Drakon series) that shows at $0.99, and when I checked it out (having liked the first two-thirds or so of GA Aiken's Dragon Kin series), I found that the first title in the series is free right now, and the next five are $0.99. So this is six of seven titles on sale. EReaderIQ shows that all of these dropped in price a few days ago, so I'm wondering if this is maybe a Halloween thing that might end soon?

Anyway, here is a link for all six (includes a couple of strays): http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?sea...price-asc-rank
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #2179
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wildfire is the third in the Hidden Legacy series by Ilona Andrews. It has dropped again to £0.99 at Kindle UK. Although it drops to £0.99 every now and then, it doesn't seem to stay at this price ever for very long, so grab it if you want it...

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MDTF1A9

Spoiler:
Quote:
From Ilona Andrews, #1 New York Times bestselling author, the thrilling conclusion to her Hidden Legacy series, as Nevada and Rogan grapple with a power beyond even their imagination…

Nevada Baylor can’t decide which is more frustrating—harnessing her truthseeker abilities or dealing with Connor “Mad” Rogan and their evolving relationship. Yes, the billionaire Prime is helping her navigate the complex magical world in which she’s become a crucial player—and sometimes a pawn—but she also has to deal with his ex-fiancée, whose husband has disappeared, and whose damsel-in-distress act is wearing very, very thin.

Rogan faces his own challenges, too, as Nevada’s magical rank has made her a desirable match for other Primes. Controlling his immense powers is child’s play next to controlling his conflicting emotions. And now he and Nevada are confronted by a new threat within her own family. Can they face this together? Or is their world about to go up in smoke?
Old 11-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #2180
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
Crossposted from the Univ of Chicago free ebook thread:

For November, the University of Chicago Press free ebooks is a sequel to Pride and Prejudice.

What became of Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy? Of the Bennet family and the de Bourghs? Of Mr. Collins and Charlotte Lucas? Our free e-book for November is Presumption: An Entertainment by Julia Barrett, a witty sequel to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Presumption follows the fate of Georgiana Darcy, Mr. Darcy’s younger sister, who must choose between two suitors, a well-placed navy captain and a brash young architect. Masterfully adapted to Austen’s original Regency era style, Presumption brings back to life the world of Austen’s best novel.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #2181
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The first title in Jennifer Estep's relatively new Crown of Shards series was on sale a little while ago, and I sort of got hooked by the first couple of sentences in the sample:

Quote:
The day of the royal massacre started out like any other. With me doing something completely, utterly useless.
So I snagged it, read it, and enjoyed it. Although at its heart it's kind of "trope-y", with a minor royal who is forced to flee, face the real world, learn a lot, deploy some of her "useless" skills learned at court in interesting ways, and then come back to have it out with the wicked royal who forced her out, I thought Estep did the trope quite well and found it to be engaging and fun. (There's a reason tropes are tropes...)

All of which is a long way of explaining why I was happy to see the second book in the series, Protect the Prince, go on sale at Kindle UK for £1.99 - probably, although I haven't verified it, as part of the new monthly sale. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CRDFG8H

Oh, and BTW, the first book, Kill the Queen, is still on sale for $1.99 at Kindle US, although it's been on sale for quite a while, so if you want it, I'd snag it fast. Link: https://www.amazon.com/Kill-Queen-Cr...dp/B0756FHNV7/

Last edited by sufue; 11-01-2019 at 07:28 PM. Reason: corrected erroneous price
Old 11-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #2182
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

The Queen's Gambit is the first in the Rogue Queen series by Jessie Mihalik. It has dropped to $0.99 at Kindle US. I snagged this at full price (rare for me, but full price was only $2.99) and read it after reading and enjoying the two titles in Mihalik's Consortium Rebellion series.

link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFQ1TQH?

Spoiler:
Quote:
When the Quint Confederacy and the Kos Empire went to war—again—Queen Samara wisely kept her Rogue Coalition out of the conflict. But staying neutral in a galactic war doesn’t pay the bills, not when both sides refuse to trade with neutral sectors.

With her people on the brink of starvation, Samara hatches a daring plan to snatch the kidnapped Kos Emperor from the Quint mercenaries holding him. The Kos Empire will pay a fortune for their emperor’s return, enough to feed the Coalition’s citizens while they wait for the return to a begrudging peace.

But when her plan goes sideways, Samara finds herself evading Quint mercenaries with the very man she intends to capture. And the more time she spends with Valentin Kos, the more she realizes that he’s not the coldly indifferent villain she imagined. Torn between duty and desire, Samara must decide if saving her people is worth giving up the one thing she’s always wanted.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:31 AM   #2183
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I've never read any books by NJ Walters, but there is one title in today's US Kindle Daily Deal, Drakon Unchained (5th in the Blood of the Drakon series) that shows at $0.99, and when I checked it out (having liked the first two-thirds or so of GA Aiken's Dragon Kin series), I found that the first title in the series is free right now, and the next five are $0.99. So this is six of seven titles on sale. EReaderIQ shows that all of these dropped in price a few days ago, so I'm wondering if this is maybe a Halloween thing that might end soon?
This is part of an Entangled Publishing sale for Halloween. I got the email last Tuesday so I think they are only on sale for a couple more days. There are almost 200 titles on sale. Some are old Samhain titles republished by Entangled and others are from A few years ago when Entangled first started. All are PNR. Here’s the link to the Entangled sale page.

https://entangledpublishing.com/book...les-event.html
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #2184
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
A series that I read and loved by Kelly Moran is part of the Entangled sale. It features the cast of a “ghost hunters” show in which the cast actually has some psychic ability and find real ghosts at the houses they are investigating. It’s got a good balance of romance along with some definite creepy moments.

Ghost of a Promise

Give Up the Ghost

Ghost of You
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:08 PM   #2185
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • First and Again by Jana Richards (D+/2 stars)
  • Her Festive Flirtation by Therese Beharrie (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
none
Old 11-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #2186
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Sweep in Peace is the second in the Innkeeper Chronicles series by Ilona Andrews. It has dropped to $1.99 as part of today's US Kindle Daily Deal. It hasn't been matched at Kobo US, at least as of now. FWIW, Innkeeper is my personal favorite of the Andrews worlds.

link: https://www.amazon.com/Sweep-Peace-I...dp/B016WQUTTM/

Spoiler:
Quote:
Dina DeMille doesn’t run your typical Bed and Breakfast. Her inn defies laws of physics, her fluffy dog is secretly a monster, and the only paying guest is a former Galactic tyrant with a price on her head. But the inn needs guests to thrive, and guests have been scarce, so when an Arbitrator shows up at Dina's door and asks her to host a peace summit between three warring species, she jumps on the chance.

Unfortunately, for Dina, keeping the peace between Space Vampires, the Hope-Crushing Horde, and the devious Merchants of Baha-char is much easier said than done. On top of keeping her guests from murdering each other, she must find a chef, remodel the inn...and risk everything, even her life, to save the man she might fall in love with. But then it's all in the day's work for an Innkeeper…
Old 11-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #2187
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Small Town Storm by Elise K Ackers (B+/4 stars)
  • Hart's Desire (Logan Brothers & Brady Sisters #1) by Linda Raye (B-/3 stars)

Purchased:
none
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #2188
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Mini, Kindle Voyage, PW4
I've been reading the heck out of Ruby Dixon's Ice Planet Barbarian series, and some related stories. Most were in Audible Escape, then I had to switch to hoopla, and I'll have to wait til next month to listen to the last few, since I can only get 4 a month via hoopla. The narrators are excellent, and I just love the characters. On Barbarian's Lady. Blue alien barbarian love!

Also, don't know how this got by me, but Celia Kyle has a new series, right now I'm reading Red Sands, and it's really good! Lizard man love!

Last edited by booklover6; 11-11-2019 at 08:19 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:10 AM   #2189
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I've been reading the heck out of Ruby Dixon's Ice Planet Barbarian series, and some related stories. Most were in Audible Escape, then I had to switch to hoopla, and I'll have to wait til next month to listen to the last few, since I can only get 4 a month via hoopla. The narrators are excellent, and I just love the characters. On Barbarian's Lady. Blue alien barbarian love!

Also, don't know how this got by me, but Celia Kyle has a new series, right now I'm reading Red Sands, and it's really good! Lizard man love!
Thank you! I think I've got Ruby Dixon in the TBR... and I'll check Celia Kyle.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #2190
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The first books in two of Carla Neggers' series are on sale for $1.99

Saint's Gate (Sharpe & Donovan #1)
Spoiler:
Two people, isolated by their pasts. An obsessive killer who will force them together. Welcome to Saint’s Gate.

When Emma Sharpe is summoned to a convent on the Maine coast, it’s partly for her art crimes work with the FBI, partly because of her past with the religious order. At issue is a mysterious painting depicting scenes of Irish lore and Viking legends, and her family’s connection to the work. But when the nun who contacted her is murdered, it seems legend is becoming deadly reality.

Colin Donovan is one of the FBI’s most valuable assets—a deep-cover agent who prefers to go it alone. He’s back home in Maine after wrapping up his latest mission, but his friend Father Bracken presents him with an intrigue of murder, international art heists and a convent’s long-held secrets that is too tempting to resist. As the danger spirals ever closer, Colin is certain of only one thing—the very interesting Emma Sharpe is at the center of it all.

A ruthless killer has Emma and Colin in the crosshairs, plunging them into a race against time and drawing them deeper into a twisted legacy of betrayal and deceit.

Kobo

Google Play

Amazon

iTunes/Apple Books

direct from Harlequin

Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley #1)
Spoiler:
Beneath the surface lie the greatest treasures.

A wave of hope carries Olivia Frost back to her small New England hometown nestled in the beautiful Swift River Valley. She’s transforming a historic home into an idyllic getaway. Picturesque and perfect, if only the absentee owner will fix up the eyesore next door….

Dylan McCaffrey’s ramshackle house is an inheritance he never counted on. It also holds the key to a generations-old lost treasure he can’t resist…any more than he can resist his new neighbor. Against this breathtaking landscape, Dylan and Olivia pursue long-buried secrets and discover a mystery wrapped in a love story…past and present.

Kobo

Google Play

Amazon

iTunes/Apple Books

direct from Harlequin

Looks like the price of Secrets... hasn't dropped everywhere yet, but it should soon.