Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 07:17 PM   #16
Tomk2
Connoisseur
Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle.../dp/B00IOY8XWQ

Here's three in stock right now. Seems to be the same one.
Well, the Voyage may be my favorite. But I dont think its worth two hundred dollars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #17
Tomk2
Connoisseur
Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.Tomk2 knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
No one has successfully opened an Oasis 2 (or presumably 3) without destroying the reader.
That's a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:48 PM   #18
bookyboy
Groupie
bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneraider View Post
https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle.../dp/B00IOY8XWQ

Here's three in stock right now. Seems to be the same one.

Wow - Amazon...
That is some SERIOUS gouging..

(being sold at $200 by Amazon itself, not a 3rd party)
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #19
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Wow - Amazon...
That is some SERIOUS gouging..

(being sold at $200 by Amazon itself, not a 3rd party)
They know that some people really really want a Voyage, but they are apparently unwilling to make an updated version.

I think a Mobius screen (light, flexible substrate) and 8 GB storage would generate a lot of rebuys, even by people with a working spare. All that and a 7" screen might generate even more demand, but there would be some lost sales to people that need the pocketability. (But even 7" Oases will fit in some pockets.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 11:45 PM   #20
bookyboy
Groupie
bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bookyboy is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
They know that some people really really want a Voyage, but they are apparently unwilling to make an updated version.

I think a Mobius screen (light, flexible substrate) and 8 GB storage would generate a lot of rebuys, even by people with a working spare. All that and a 7" screen might generate even more demand, but there would be some lost sales to people that need the pocketability. (But even 7" Oases will fit in some pockets.
A Voyage 2 was rumored quite a bit, yeah?
Do we think it got canned, or just hasn't come out yet?
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:30 AM   #21
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Do we think it got canned, or just hasn't come out yet?
It is fairly safe to say it got canned. Especially since the Oasis came out, got updated twice, and the PW4 inherited a lot of Voyage features minus the questionable ones to save costs.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:06 AM   #22
binaryhermit
Wizard
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3rd gen, so-called "All-New Kindle" (AKA 10th gen)
I think most of the rumors about the Voyage 2 was from Good(sic)EReader

AKA a bunch of PIDOOMA
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #23
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
The Voyage 2 will come out right after Kobo releases a new Mini.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:07 PM   #24
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Voyage 2 will come out right after Kobo releases a new Mini.
On Mothers' day, right?
Old 11-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #25
FrustratedReader
Ancient Sceptic
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Which Mother's day? The more recent USA invention or the older UK & Ireland one. Unrelated origins and different dates.

I don't think a Voyage II or a Kobo Mini II are likely for the reasons pointed out earlier.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #26
j.p.s
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Which Mother's day? The more recent USA invention or the older UK & Ireland one. Unrelated origins and different dates.

I don't think a Voyage II or a Kobo Mini II are likely for the reasons pointed out earlier.
It doesn't matter. Mothers' day release date for mythical devices is a long running mobileread joke.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #27
FrustratedReader
Ancient Sceptic
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Quote:
It doesn't matter. Mothers' day release date for mythical devices is a long running mobileread joke.
I'm new here. Right. In Ireland it's "When Easter is on St. Patrick's day"

Which is apparently impossible (17th March for Paddy). Though occasionally within a week!
Quote:
Earliest Easter
Western (Gregorian)

In 1818 the Paschal Full Moon fell on Saturday, March 21 (the equinox). Therefore, the following day, March 22, was Easter. It will not fall as early again until 2285, a span of 467 years. The next earliest Easter between 1818 and 2285 (March 23) occurred in 1845, 1856, 1913 and 2008, and will occur again in 2160—an 11, 57, 95 and 152-year gap, respectively. Easter last occurred on March 24 in 1940 and will not occur on that day until 2391, a 451-year gap.
Orthodox (Julian)
The earliest dates for Easter in the Eastern Orthodox Church between 1875 and 2099 are April 4, 1915 and April 4, 2010 (Gregorian). Both dates are equivalent to March 22 in the Julian Calendar.
From Wikipedia
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:48 PM   #28
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, PW2, Galaxy Tab S
Quote:
I agree the O3 screen should be whiter with the yellow slider all the way down.

Amazon is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one because they are getting slammed that the O3 screen is too white. It always amazes me that some people demand to forbid other people the ability to adjust to taste.
I don't think people complain about the screen being too white. They complain about it being too blue.

Getting a neutral white screen is really hard, I guess.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #29
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I don't think people complain about the screen being too white. They complain about it being too blue.

Getting a neutral white screen is really hard, I guess.
Given the way vision differs, some people could perfectly well complain about both at the same time. My Oasis 1 screen looks distinctly blue through my left eye and distinctly yellow through my right... perhaps if I could use both at one I'd get white
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #30
SusanReads
Groupie
SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Given the way vision differs, some people could perfectly well complain about both at the same time. My Oasis 1 screen looks distinctly blue through my left eye and distinctly yellow through my right... perhaps if I could use both at one I'd get white
I've noticed I see colors differently depending on my mood.
I picked up my Voyage and thought something was wrong with it, the screen was so yellow. Then I checked the next day (same lighting conditions) and I was like, my screen is so blue!

I know this about myself, so I just try to ignore it. It's not the device, it's just me. It's like my brain thinks about the screen being too yellow and it suddenly is. The power of suggestion and all that.
SusanReads is online now   Reply With Quote