Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Have you had to reauthorize your reader?

I had been using my reader earlier this evening, set it aside for a little while, went back to it and tried to open a library book, got an error message that I needed to authorize Adobe. So I turned on WiFi and reentered my Adobe ID.

Then I tried to open the book again and got a message about a missing token and that I needed to download the book directly from the library. Tried all four of my other library books and got the same message - even on the book I had been reading a little while earlier.

Tried a restart just in case but nothing changed.

So I logged into the library and redownloaded all the books. Now I have a second copy of each. I can open both copies, the original ones still have any bookmarks and highlights I had made.

Has this happened to anyone else?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, this happened to me one time also. And I had the book on two different Tolinos and both required the "re-authorization" at the same time. And, as with you, that didn't fix it, I had to download the book again. At the time I wondered if it was because I had the WiFi turned off and the Tolino wanted to "call home" and verify the book was still checked out. It hasn't done it since then and I had already mostly forgotten about it.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Well, at least I know it's not just my reader...... I hope it doesn't happen to me again either!
I thought it was something I had done wrong. Unfortunately, I guess not. Since it happened on two Tolinos at the same time I'm guessing it must have been an Overdrive/ADE issue.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote