Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Remove periods (and the space that follows) when author's name has initials

In author names, I want to erase the period/dot (and the next space) that follows the initial.

For example,

Code:
B. A. Baracus
becomes

Code:
BA Baracus
(Notice that the period is removed. But not just the period, but also the space that comes after the periods).

I want this change to happen in both my Calibre library and also in my Kobo Forma.

How can I make this happen?

droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Quality check plugin can FIND those that fail the rule Check Metadata: Author initials
and can do this Fix: Author initials

YOU must customize the PI for desired format (right click the PI's Icon)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:34 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Quality check plugin can FIND those that fail the rule Check Metadata: Author initials
and can do this Fix: Author initials

YOU must customize the PI for desired format (right click the PI's Icon)
Will this fail the rule? How do we customize the PI?I don't know how to code
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Will this fail the rule? How do we customize the PI?I don't know how to code
Right click the Plugins Icon: Customize (it is at the bottom)
in the case of initials, there is the pulldown of choices
Old 09-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #5
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Right click the Plugins Icon: Customize (it is at the bottom)
in the case of initials, there is the pulldown of choices
Hmmm.. it doesn't do anything.
  1. I installed plugin.
  2. I restart Calbre.
  3. I go to Preferences/Plugins/QualityCheck's "Customize Plugin..."
  4. In "Other Options", I choose "AB" from the dropdown list.
  5. I press OK, which exits out of the "Customise Quality Check window".
  6. In the main Calibre window, I press the "Quality Check" button, and choose "Check metadata" > "Check authors initials"
  7. I restart Calibre again and do step 6 again, but it's still a failure.
Authors names with initials like "John R. Black" stay as is, when I expect it to change to John R Black".
Old 09-27-2019, 06:10 PM   #6
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
I would ask IN the plugin thread. That way the creator/host can give you their input a bit more easily.
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Hmmm.. it doesn't do anything.
  1. I installed plugin.
  2. I restart Calbre.
  3. I go to Preferences/Plugins/QualityCheck's "Customize Plugin..."
  4. In "Other Options", I choose "AB" from the dropdown list.
  5. I press OK, which exits out of the "Customise Quality Check window".
  6. In the main Calibre window, I press the "Quality Check" button, and choose "Check metadata" > "Check authors initials"
  7. I restart Calibre again and do step 6 again, but it's still a failure.
Authors names with initials like "John R. Black" stay as is, when I expect it to change to John R Black".
Check just tells you Who need work
Use the FIX: Authors initials (a little bit further down)
Old 09-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Ah, perfect. I did "check", noticed thumbacks beside authors with "wrongly formatted" initials, then did "fix". And it all works as expected. Thanks. Ducks.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:40 PM   #9
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Is there a way to do select all those that need work? Or do I have to hold Ctrl-key as I select each one that needs work?
Old 10-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Is there a way to do select all those that need work? Or do I have to hold Ctrl-key as I select each one that needs work?
Same PI, but first do
Check Metadata: Check Authors Initials
(That uses the SAME setting you made)
Select all the results, then Fix

The same procedure for the other Fixes listed
Old 11-05-2019, 05:07 PM   #11
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Same PI, but first do
Check Metadata: Check Authors Initials
(That uses the SAME setting you made)
Select all the results, then Fix

The same procedure for the other Fixes listed

What's the fastest way to "select all the results"?

UPDATE: Ah, <blush>, I just noticed that the only resuts that appear are exclusively those that have dots/periods. So I can easily do Ctrl-A to select all. Thanks.