Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 02:57 AM   #46
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You really need to get your eyes tested if you cannot tell the difference between a speck and a comma. If that's your reaon for not doing an unmodified version, then I feel sorry for you.
Reading before attacking is highly recommended. RobertDDL was explicitly referring to books he doesn't have the original scan of.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:01 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Reading before attacking is highly recommended. RobertDDL was explicitly referring to books he doesn't have the original scan of.
I know what was being said. But there is a scan and I have never seen a scan where I was unable to tell the difference between a comma and a speck.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:10 AM   #48
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 840, Touch HD 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know what was being said. But there is a scan and I have never seen a scan where I was unable to tell the difference between a comma and a speck.
This is getting tiresome, for me, and probably for everybody else still following this thread. I was clearly talking about cases where I do not have that scan, but if you read my previous post to the end, you will find that I had not given possible "speck vs. comma" issues as my reason for not publishing "unmodified" versions. Btw, if you do want to see a scan where everybody so far has found it hard to tell the difference between commas and specks, try Blake's Marriage of Heaven and Hell, just for the experience.
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #49
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have an electronic copy of Tyndale's New Testament published in about 1525 or there about. It is middle English spelling and before the u and v got swapped. Whoever made it seems to have tried to fix the u's and v's but gave up after a while. I enjoy reading it in it original form but I must be sadistic it my struggles sometimes. For me, it is what I like but I can see that someone trying to read the Tyndale translation for its accuracy and quality it would be trough read. A serious student trying to understand what they are reading would be better off with a modern spelling and modern punctuation unless they are an archeologist. But they shouldn't change the sentences or word orders. So I do draw a line somewhere.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote