Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
lmroces
lmroces began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sleep timer like the ipod sleep timer

Please forgive me if this has been treated elsewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know if there is a sleep timer for the Kobo reader like the ipod sleep timer? I don't mean the timer that sets the reader to sleep after x numer of minutes not being used, rather, that it goes to sleep or shuts down after x number of minutes of actual reading. Does this make sense?
On the ipod, for example, I can set it to shut down after x minutes of use. For the Kobo it would be great especially for those of us who like to read in bed, then scream when we realize that we've been reading way late. Having a feature that would put the e-reader to sleep or shut down after a specified time would be wonderful!

Thank you!
lmroces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Buy a $5 kitchen timer. Or a $15 electronic one.
I can't imagine there is much demand!

I resent sleep getting in the way of my book consumption, so my views may be eccentric.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Or use the clock feature on your phone, which is likely plugged in near you charging. They all have countdown timers as well as alarm features. I agree, I don't think there would be much call for that to be included in ereaders.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote