Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-18-2023, 03:39 PM   #1
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro
Could we have a link on top for most recent post, even if already read

The "New Posts" links on top only lists topics I have not klicked on already. I sorry to say that really don't like this one. I'd rather have a link of all most recent topics, including the ones I have already klicked on. On phpBB forums that's usually something like search.php?search_id=active_topics. As alternative I found https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...hp?do=getdaily more useful for my needs than the "New posts" link, which always redirects and actually does not show search.php?do=getnew in the browser's address bar but rather search.php?searchid=(number). When I reload this page after some time I'll always do not get any searchresults, that's rather annoying for me.

So I wonder if it's possible to include an additional link of all recent posts, even if a member of the forum has already klicked a certain link.
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:13 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Does "New posts-Last x days" do what you want?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2023, 05:23 PM   #3
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see only a link named "New Posts" on top. No "last x days" there. Do you only see it when you activate JavaScript? I only allow JS very selective on websites and does not allow it on mobileread.com.
Old 05-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You probably need to wait for extra permissions.
You joined this month and have only 8 posts, so you are most likely still considered a "newbie" with limited functionality on the forum.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:41 PM   #5
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast

Restricting navigation items according to the forum status really does not make any sense to me. Extra functions like private messages, seeing additional forums etc. according to posts numbers would make sense to encourage people to write more…but basic things like navigation and pre-defined searches?
Advert
Old 05-19-2023, 05:53 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormagon View Post
I see only a link named "New Posts" on top. No "last x days" there. Do you only see it when you activate JavaScript? I only allow JS very selective on websites and does not allow it on mobileread.com.
I don't enable/disable Javascript. I see it with all the browsers I've tried on both tablets and PCs.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:14 PM   #7
Aleron Ives
Guru
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormagon View Post
I see only a link named "New Posts" on top. No "last x days" there. Do you only see it when you activate JavaScript?
Yes, you must enable JavaScript to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr_newposts.png
Views:	69
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	201608  
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote