Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-04-2023, 02:20 PM   #1
DyckBook
Morlock
DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Roman to Arabic

I found this regex function on this forum and it worked at the time. Now it works the first time, and every time I open the edit function window, even without making changes, and thereafter returns 0. I'm not enough of a coder to know why. Could anyone please help?

The originally posted function had
n = unicode(n).upper(),
which I changed to
n = str(n).upper()
in order to make it work then. I understand that that was because of changes to Python. Could it be that Python has changed again?

Code:
numeral_map = zip(
    (1000, 900, 500, 400, 100, 90, 50, 40, 10, 9, 5, 4, 1),
    ('M', 'CM', 'D', 'CD', 'C', 'XC', 'L', 'XL', 'X', 'IX', 'V', 'IV', 'I')
)

def arabic_num(n):
    n = str(n).upper()
    i = result = 0
    for integer, numeral in numeral_map:
        while n[i:i + len(numeral)] == numeral:
            result += integer
            i += len(numeral)
    return result
def replace(match, number, file_name, metadata, dictionaries, data, functions, *args, **kwargs):
    return match.group(1)+str(arabic_num(match.group(2)))+match.group(3)
DyckBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:37 PM   #2
DyckBook
Morlock
DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DyckBook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I found the answer to my question, thanks to AI.

The lines:
numeral_map = zip(
)

Needed to be replaced with this:

numeral_map = list(zip(
))

The function is working again and saving lots of fiddly work.
DyckBook is offline   Reply With Quote