Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-03-2023, 03:05 AM   #1
Giampyclimb
Giampyclimb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-Aura 6"
Smile Caliber 6.13 page jump, highlight command

hi, sorry for my english.
I have three different viewer problems (maybe they are related).
I state that I make massive use of the viewer: I use it to study, so many hours and many notes and highlights.
1. The viewer sometimes doesn't change page on the first command and when I repeat the command it skips a page. If I try to go back to the skipped page the viewer goes to some previous page, sometimes to the beginning of the chapter.
This happens both using the mouse (wheel or left click on the arrow on the screen) and keyboard commands. When the viewer starts doing this it remains buggy for some time.
2. If I try to select text to highlight it, the viewer changes pages by itself and I find the text selected on another page.
3. Sometimes (perhaps often ) the key to highlight text or underline with a single click (which I preset from the preferences menu) requires two clicks and the second click, in addition to activating the command, selects the text in a nearby area of the screen.
Thank you for your time
Giampy
Giampyclimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 03:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is on what Operating system/platform? And in order to help you I will need some way to reproduce your issues.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:26 AM   #3
Giampyclimb
Giampyclimb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo-Aura 6"
Thank you for answering.
These are the OS specs (better more than less )
Windows 10 Pro edition
Version 21H2
Installation date: ‎04/‎11/‎2020
OS Build 19044.2604
Windows Experience Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Regarding the second question, I don't really know how I can help. I have tried to describe precisely what I do and analytically tell what happens.
Trying, plus I can only say that I work with a "hp elite x2 notebook" and that I tried (not being a computer scientist) to do these things:
1. I put all the default options in the settings;
2. I worked with only one book at a time;
3. I have tried both single-page scrolling and continuous flow;
4. I checked that there was consistency between the scrolling mode used and the option chosen in the pagination preference settings.
I hope we can do something to fix it because I'm in love with caliber but these constant page jumps while reading or underlining make me hysterical.
In the meantime and in any case, thank you so much for your availability.
Giampy
Giampyclimb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
highlighting, page skip, viewer