Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Problem when using tag browser to rename series

I noticed one of my larger series (by multiple authors) had 3 different series names.

for example I had all:
Author "A"s books in series "The World at War"
Author "B"s books in series "World at War"
Author "C"s books in series "World at War, The"

So I used the Tag Browser to Rename the Series of Author B and C to match Author A.

Boom Done.

BUT then I noticed a problem.

Author A wrote:1, 4, 5, 9
Author B wrote:2, 3, 6
Author C wrote:7, 8

But when I renamed the series of B and C, the tag browser also Renumbered the books in the series to Add them After Author A's.

So I had:
Author A wrote:1, 4, 5, 9
Author B wrote:10, 11, 12
Author C wrote:13, 14

Can we get an option in the tag browser when renaming a series that matches an existing series to NOT renumber the book in series?
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
option 1. in book details, right click in series to manage series, rename..

option 2. or using Find Duplicates Plugin, Find Metadata Variations, set to series and search , tick the show matching books.

option 3. with plugin Manage Series. just highlight the book with the same series and do rename in plugin.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
option 3 allows both rename and reorder (and it also allows a title tweak)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #4
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkyunior View Post
option 1. in book details, right click in series to manage series, rename..
Ahh That does the trick. Exactly what I needed, and faster than using the tag browser.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote