Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-25-2022, 03:25 PM   #106
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Who here has either met their goals or surpassed them?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #107
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Who here has either met their goals or surpassed them?
I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	2484
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	197364  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 01:24 PM   #108
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Length Goals:
  • Total Books: 50 (stretch goal of 75)
  • Total Pages: 15,000
  • E-TBR Reduction: 25
  • Read from Print-TBR: 10

Substantive Goals:
  • Read at least 51% non-American authors
  • Read more female/nonbinary authors than male
  • Read at least 52 short stories
  • Read each Poem of the Week (52) posted by The Guardian - ABANDONED
  • Read at least 10 books across all our collections that are selected by my wife. It's a great way to read things I would not ordinarily do, and I almost always end up enjoying them.

Cumulative Totals- End of October:
  • Total Books: 60 - 126% of goal, 83% of stretch goal - GOAL MET!
  • Total Pages: 17,090 - 113% of goal - GOAL MET!
  • Gender Goal: 43% Female, 5% Nonbindary, 51% Male - OFF TARGET - trending in the right direction now at least. 7% Improvement since last post.
  • Country of Origin Goal: 51% USA, 49% out of US - ON TARGET - will get this back down when I finish 2 of my current reads.
  • E-TBR Reduction: + - 21 - 84% of goal ON TARGET
  • Read from Print TBR: - 29 - 230% of goal GOAL MET!
  • Short Stories: 16 - 29% of goal - OFF TARGET
  • Poems 5 - 9 % of goal - ABANDONED
  • Books Recommended by my wife: 11 - 110% of goal GOAL MET!

Last edited by astrangerhere; 12-14-2022 at 09:38 AM.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:58 PM   #109
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I finished my goal early this month and since then I've been binging on some short story podcasts, mainly LeVar Burton Reads and the Classic Tales Podcast.

Today, I also finished my 1,000th book/short story since I started keeping track at the beginning of 2011. Yay!
  • 1,000 books finished, 1,030 started.
  • 304,193 pages or 304 pages per story on average.
  • 88.5 million words.
  • 180 audio books (& podcasts) with an average length of 4 hours, 8 minutes.
  • 462 authors read, 403 of which I had never read prior to 2011.
  • 134 different publication years.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 04:21 PM   #110
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
^^Congrats!

issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:00 PM   #111
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I finished my goal early this month and since then I've been binging on some short story podcasts, mainly LeVar Burton Reads and the Classic Tales Podcast.

Today, I also finished my 1,000th book/short story since I started keeping track at the beginning of 2011. Yay!
  • 88.5 million words.
Congrats!! Reaching that 1,000 books finish feels great!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:29 PM   #112
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
For the first time since February I am back on target for one of my sub-goals, to start at least 75% of the books I buy. I bought a bundle of non-fiction from Storybundle at the start of February, and it put me woefully behind.

There is some minor cheating going on - the rule is that I only need to start the new books, and I have started 9 purchased non-fiction books and finished only 3 of them - but I often have a non-fiction book on the go on every device that doesn't contain my main read, so this is really just two or three more than usual.

So it's just my primary goal of reading twice as much as I buy that is still off-target.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:08 PM   #113
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Managed to reach my 2,000 page goal for November. Yay! Bought no audiobooks, but a couple more ebooks than I read this month.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:21 AM   #114
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Six bought one freebie, and only nine read. I need to read more.
In October I read six and bought five.
In November read six and bought seven.

A couple of slow books one in October and one in November certainly slowed my reading rate.

No books bought yet in December, so there are 709 on my TBR pile.

I only have another 8 working days this month, so perhaps I can pick up the reading pace a bit and get down to under 700 by the end of the year!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:40 AM   #115
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I haven't been tracking this year as much as am woefully behind on my spreadsheet, need to get everything updated this month. I usually do a goal of 200 and get a little over 3, but this year I will barely reach the 2. I have been reading a lot the last few months, but had a lot of lulls this year where wasn't in a reading mode. This is my first year in my changed work position that is much busier and hectic, so I believe that's why.

I didn't meet a lot of personal goals I set last year, but won't know as much until I get everything updated. I will try to track more next year again like usual, this whole year has been off.

One thing I know is that I can get rid of the Scribd tracking at least, I unsubbed from that this year and started using libraries more, so I need to start tracking that instead. I'm hoping to get most of it updated this week
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #116
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Managed to reach my 2,000 page goal for November. Yay! Bought no audiobooks, but a couple more ebooks than I read this month.
Do you subscribe to Audible? It helps their Thanksgiving and Halloween sale were rather crappy this year in comparison to other years. I typically get excited on the sales but they are slowly becoming more lackluster as they are more frequent. The beginning/mid year sale where the whole site was discounted was dangerous for my wallet, though - I think I spent enough that time for the year
Old 12-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #117
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post

• 88.5 million words.
Congrats!
Old 12-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #118
Tarana
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Do you subscribe to Audible? It helps their Thanksgiving and Halloween sale were rather crappy this year in comparison to other years.
Yes and I have tons of audiobooks, so no shortage there. Those two member sales earlier this year killed my budget. Going by my unlistened spreadsheet, there is often a cash sale about mid-December. I am just filling in series now - no new authors. Trying to get my groove back with 2 hour blocks of listening time.

Last edited by Tarana; 12-07-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:05 PM   #119
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Yes and I have tons of audiobooks, so no shortage there. Those two member sales earlier this year killed my budget. Going by my unlistened spreadsheet, there is often a cash sale about mid-December. I am just filling in series now - no new authors. Trying to get my groove back with 2 hour blocks of listening time.
Yes, I'm tempted to cancel but I'm paid up until April 2023 and do find the sales fun. I have a large catalog to get through plus the libraries. The plus can be a fun perk though, too.
Old 12-08-2022, 09:20 AM   #120
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
When will we have the 2023 challenge thread?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote