Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
AddAll Ebook price comparison

AddAll ebook is the site you can meta search 20+ Ebook sites with just one click!

You can search titles from 14 US sites, 3 UK sites, 1 French site and 4 free Ebook sites(including the French site). The number of sites is increasing fast!

You can turn on the advanced search options by clicking the 'Show Advanced options' radio bottom. The search can be customized with your own meta search options:

- Search only your preferred sites. No need to waste time and bandwidth!
- Change your results with the desired currency display. Please feel free to contact me if your currency is not on the list.
- Sort the results by field and order. The default results are sorted by ascending price.

You don't have to modify it every time, our system will remember your last search options by using cookie.

You can filter out unwanted format by using our refined function at the end of your search. Change the sorting by clicking the up / down arrow. Best of all, you can save any book in the memo and retrieve it later.

All AddAll sites have been running without banner ads or adsense for 11 years.
The ebook site will still keep this tradition, no banner ads but only our manual selected quotations. During the time of waiting search result, please feel free to click on the link in the yellow quotation box, which will not send you to an unknown site, but display another new quote.

Site name: AddAll ebook price comparison
URL: http://ebooks.addall.com/ or another shorter domain:
http://MetaEbooks.com

Last edited by MetaEbooks; 10-06-2009 at 03:07 AM. Reason: typo
MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
You can search titles from 14 US sites, 3 UK sites, 1 French site and 4 free Ebook sites(including the French site). The number of sites is increasing fast!
How do you do this? Are you scraping the content from these sites? As far as I know, not all of them (e.g. Sony's e-book store) you're listing offer third party APIs to access their stores.

Some links don't work. I did a search and clicked on results that were pointing to Barnes&Noble, but the link (affiliate link pointing at DoubleClick Performics server) only led to the Barnes&Noble homepage.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I just gave this a quick test. It seems to work very well. It's definitely better than some similar sites I've tried.

A couple of suggestions.

- It would be nice if it was easier to filter on format. The checkboxes for format seem to be mixed up with those for stores. It's good to be able to filter on store and format, but they layout of the checkboxes is confusing.

- Similarly, it would be nice to be able to filter on geographic restrictions. I see that the search results sometimes display a note of the restriction, but not always. (I guess your problem with implementing this feature is that not all vendors themselves announce their geographic restrictions, or don't do so until you reach the checkout.)

I like the way you display an estimate of the search time - and give us a quotation to read while we're waiting.

I'll definitely bookmark this site and use it again.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
It's a great site.

I ran a quick test with "Steven Erikson" and it returned 21 responses. I clicked on "Gardens of the Moon" sold by "Waterstones", which was indicated as "Adobe PDF" but the vendor site says "ePub".
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow View Post
Some links don't work. I did a search and clicked on results that were pointing to Barnes&Noble, but the link (affiliate link pointing at DoubleClick Performics server) only led to the Barnes&Noble homepage.
It's fixed. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
It's a great site.

I ran a quick test with "Steven Erikson" and it returned 21 responses. I clicked on "Gardens of the Moon" sold by "Waterstones", which was indicated as "Adobe PDF" but the vendor site says "ePub".
Oops!
It's fixed now.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Overall, I like this site but an advantage of Inkmesh is that it also searches Baen WebScriptions. There are many SF titles only available from them. For example Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

I see that you do search feedbooks and manybooks and mobileread, which is great. I tried Four Just Men by Edgar Wallace and the free sites came up first (sorted by price).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #8
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
I just gave this a quick test. It seems to work very well. It's definitely better than some similar sites I've tried.
Thank you.
Quote:
A couple of suggestions.

- It would be nice if it was easier to filter on format. The checkboxes for format seem to be mixed up with those for stores. It's good to be able to filter on store and format, but they layout of the checkboxes is confusing.
I am currently working on the format filtering system. It should be done in this few days.

Quote:
- Similarly, it would be nice to be able to filter on geographic restrictions. I see that the search results sometimes display a note of the restriction, but not always. (I guess your problem with implementing this feature is that not all vendors themselves announce their geographic restrictions, or don't do so until you reach the checkout.)
good idea!
I may need the help from our MR folks to complete the list.
It will be helpful for other users while buying ebook too.

US Site Geographic restrictions
--------- ---------------
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Books onboard
Cyberread
Diesel ebooks
Ebookmall
eBooks.com
Ereadable
Fictionwise
Powells
Mobipocket
Smashwords
Sony

UK sites:
-----------
Borders UK
Waterstones UK
Penguin.co.uk
Whsmith.co.uk

Quote:
I like the way you display an estimate of the search time - and give us a quotation to read while we're waiting.

I'll definitely bookmark this site and use it again.
I am glad you like it, thanks!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
great site! never heard of this before.

thanks for sharing!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #10
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
Very good

I thought I would try a little harder test. I used the Cube Root of Time by Herbert Cohen. It's the ebook I'm currently reading. I got it from Bewrite books on that "just drop me an email and I'll send it to you free" offer on the freebies forum. It came back with 4 places to buy, very impressed.

By the way, very good book!!

One option I would like to see is the ability to sort by format, IE: only show me ePub versions.

Also you may want to check out the new Canadian eBook store, Shortcovers.

Regards, Daryl

Last edited by darylbrayman; 10-07-2009 at 01:34 AM.
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #11
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
How do you do this? Are you scraping the content from these sites? As far as I know, not all of them (e.g. Sony's e-book store) you're listing offer third party APIs to access their stores.
@MetaEbooks: I am still hoping for an answer. I know that most shops do not appreciate their content being scraped without official APIs or at least authorization.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
@MetaEbooks: I am still hoping for an answer. I know that most shops do not appreciate their content being scraped without official APIs or at least authorization.
I am afraid I can't answer that,
you do not want to see me been shred and thrown out from my office, do you?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #13
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Overall, I like this site but an advantage of Inkmesh is that it also searches Baen WebScriptions. There are many SF titles only available from them. For example Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

I see that you do search feedbooks and manybooks and mobileread, which is great. I tried Four Just Men by Edgar Wallace and the free sites came up first (sorted by price).
could I assume all books in webscription are in HTML format?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #14
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
could I assume all books in webscription are in HTML format?
They are available in multiple DRM-free formats, like multi-format ebooks from FictionWise. From Baen's FAQ:
Quote:
it will include Palm Pilot/Mobipocket/Kindle format, Rocketbook, EPUB/Stanza, Sony LRF, RTF and MS Reader versions.
There is also a HTML version for on-line reading. You pay one price and get all formats.

I see you characterize FictionWise multiformat ebooks as "MultiFormat". It would probably be ok to do the same for Baen ebooks although the range of available formats is not quite the same.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
From B&N you have the format as "B&N eReader". The format should just be eReader as there is no "B&N eReader". It's just plain eReader.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote