Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #106
Wolfsbruder
Connoisseur
Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wolfsbruder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When did you set it up? Firmware 4.4.7.10413 was release about 10 hours ago (The post for it was 02:25 my time, and it is now 12:04). If you did it before then, that is the firmware I would have expected (from my sources). I would expect to see an update to 4.7.10413 fairly quickly. Though I have just though of a reason that it might not happen.
I set it up ~ 1500 GMT -8

Last edited by Wolfsbruder; 12-14-2017 at 01:43 AM. Reason: got the time wrong
Wolfsbruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #107
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I would like to clear up a common misconception about my firmware downloader: it does not depend on the user's IP address, as everything goes through a proxy in the U.S, and I also have a script running which checks it (and manually updates the firmware page) from a few proxies in Japan, Europe, and a few other locations.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #108
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
When did you set it up? Firmware 4.4.7.10413 was release about 10 hours ago (The post for it was 02:25 my time, and it is now 12:04). If you did it before then, that is the firmware I would have expected (from my sources). I would expect to see an update to 4.7.10413 fairly quickly. Though I have just though of a reason that it might not happen.
I am not sure whether I get the underlying question. kobo-limitededitionupdate-4.7.10364.zip is still what is sent to the limited edition Aura.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #109
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the clarification geek1011.

Last edited by oren64; 12-14-2017 at 04:15 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:53 AM   #110
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am not sure whether I get the underlying question. kobo-limitededitionupdate-4.7.10364.zip is still what is sent to the limited edition Aura.
Because I knew the firmware was being released, and part of the reason for the release is the availability of the Aura ONE Limited Edition. Hence, I was expecting any release to go to it. That made me wonder about the timing of the download. Did it happen before the release of 4.7.10413? If the report had been yesterday, I wouldn't have questioned it. Now I'm just curious about whether Kobo is going to release 4.7.10413 to the Aura ONE LE or skip to the next firmware. But, I can think of a reason why they might skip it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2017, 05:26 AM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Kobo (as an affiliate) is not yet distributing 4.7.10413.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:08 AM   #112
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I saw that. I want to see a version file from one of these.
Here the link for Firmware 4.7.10364, Mark 6, Aura ONE Limited Edition.
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...-4.7.10364.zip
I added it to the wiki page.

I think it was release before 4.7.10413.

Last edited by oren64; 12-14-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: fix url
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #113
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
incorrect URL removed

This is the correct URL.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:34 AM   #114
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post

4.7.10364 was probably released last week but wasn't detected as no one here the device.

But, the request for the version file was to see the ids including the model number. The model number in the serial number is the same as the Aura ONE, but the other id is different. That is what I was expecting, but I wanted to see one to check.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:02 AM   #115
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

delete post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:46 AM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have made a page which shows up to date download links to the firmware for every Kobo device.
Is this going to be updated to include the new Kobo Forma?
Old 10-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #117
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is this going to be updated to include the new Kobo Forma?
Yes. Sorry, I forgot about it, as I have been quite busy with other things. Thanks for reminding me!

Edit: done.

Last edited by geek1011; 10-23-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #118
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes. Sorry, I forgot about it, as I have been quite busy with other things. Thanks for reminding me!

Edit: done.
Well done!
Old 07-07-2019, 10:42 PM   #119
geek1011
Wizard

I've made a few updates to kfwproxy. kfwproxy is an API proxy I wrote to cache requests to Kobo (so there aren't thousands of requests every hour, and to make kobofirmware load faster) and to add CORS headers (so the response can be accessed from my firmware page). Now, the latest firmware version and release notes page (updated every 15 minutes) is tracked during cache updates and is able to be directly accessed. The release notes are cached, and will still be there even if they are taken down (unless I restart kfwproxy).

The URLs are:
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/version - latest version as plain text
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/version/redir - latest firmware file redirect
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/version/svg - svg image of current version
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/version/png - png image of current version
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/notes - latest release notes number
- https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/latest/notes/redir - latest release notes redirect (not cached, just add https://kfwproxy.geek1011.net/ before the Kobo API URL to cache it the way my kobofirmware page does)

I have added an automatically-updating image showing the latest version to my signature.

Tags
download, firmware, kobo