Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Nano Is Being Discontinued

For those of us who don't have or prefer not to use smartphones when listening to audiobooks, you will be unhappy to hear that the Nano has now been discontinued and remaining stock will be sold out. The Shuffle is also being discontinued, but I found that difficult to use with an audiobook (great for music though).

One of the biggest advantages of the Nano (and Shuffle) is the LONG battery life while listening. I can listen all weekend without ever charging up. The newer Nanos also have bluetooth, so you can avoid wires if you so wished.

So, basically, the Ipod will be no more as they have already discontinued the classic.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/27/tech...fle/index.html

Last edited by Tarana; 07-30-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:07 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
They should've kept the nano and discontinued the touch.

I used to have an iPod touch, but with the advent of super cheap ($10-$20) no-contract Android phones that don't require activation, the touch is now an overpriced dinosaur.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:09 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They should've kept the nano and discontinued the touch.

I used to have an iPod touch, but with the advent of super cheap ($10-$20) no-contract Android phones that don't require activation, the touch is now an overpriced dinosaur.
As the saying goes, you may not get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get. I find iTouch worth the money. My car understands it (at least the music app part of it), so I can easily select what I want to listen to via the car touch screen rather than having to look at the iTouch (or cheap android phone). It really comes down to what you plan to use it for.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I regret the demise of the shuffle. Lovely bit of kit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I regret the demise of the iPod 4th generation. That was the best iPod Apple has ever made.

Today's iPods are lousy. Apple has lost the fact that iPod means music and stopped focusing on that and the audio components in the iPods are just not up to standard.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-04-2017 at 05:51 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 AM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I regret the demise of the iPod 4th generation. That was the best iPod Apple has ever made.

Today's iPods are lousy. Apple has lost the face that iPod means music and stopped focusing on that and the audio components in the iPods are just not up to standard.
I agree. I have 2 of those 4th gen Ipods. I'll have them until they no longer work and can still get batteries for them.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote