Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
USB Host Mode?

Just a fast question. I notice that on the video about the 302 it is to support a USB host mode. Will/does the 360 also fully support host mode? As in does it also power devices which need power?

I ask because there is really nowhere to attach a book light and the USB port makes for an ideal solution for some very simple lights that can be attached as there are many LED laptop lights that have long flexible necks and have seen them with up to 5-lights for under $20. A single light version can be had for about $5. Of course a port adapter would be needed as these laptop lights use the large standard USB connector, but that would be a trivial issue. And given the accelerometer on the 360 it would be a simple thing to rotate the device so the USB port is on top or on the side however one needs it.

All moot though if the port is not configured to send out the standard 5V in host mode. Still it could be possible to configure the port in the OS setup to power the port. I know it was possible on the N800 once folks figured out the proper config in the OS setup.

Of course powering the light form the reader would reduce battery life. By how much will depend on how often and how long the light is used.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Rob, I got an answer from GiK (Guys in Kiev) - so far these devices are only 'slaves', i.e. they can't power other devices, but only be powered...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
thanks for that info. I sorta thought maybe full host mode would not be reasonable because, the batteries in the readers are small and even a single LED can cut battery life a fair amount, especially if you forget to charge it after a few hours of useing a light were it possible to connect.

So much for that idea... I do have a portable battery pack that works well with AA batteries (I use it to power my mobile broadband router so an LED should be no problem) and a bit of Velcro so I could work around it that way. And I have bunches of Enellops around here, plus I read some news Sanyo might have a new version of Eneloop with higher capacity and an even slower self-discharge rate.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote