Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Anyone else working in iBooks Author?

Just curious. I started playing with it the day after release, working on the ebook equivalent of a coffee table picture book. Would love to compare notes.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Since iBooksAuthor does not generate or read in epubs (pdf and iBooksAuthor's own format (embraced and extended from epub3 but not compatible with epub3 or epub2) perhaps we need a new forum where people who ask for support for that particular format?

An alternative location might be the Apple forum?

My 2 cents,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
omf
omf began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile 6
There's not much difference between what iBooksAuthor generates and standard ePub. They make a lot of use of SVG blocks and some custom CSS attributes, but the structure looks pretty much the same.

I haven't studied it in detail, but nothing stood out as very different when I looked at the file contents.

Still, I'd say this more likely belongs under "ebook software" rather than "ebook formats"...
omf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The ibooks format is based uppon ePUB, but is not the same. There are noticable differences and the result from iBooks author will not always work on an ePUB reader.
Although I loathe Apple's behavior regarding this and splintering the standards, in all fairness I must say that they don't advertise that the export format is ePUB compatible.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote