Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 08-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Surface Go

A new 10" tablet with a starting price of $399 has been released by Microsoft. I have made a wiki page for the Surface Go‎‎.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
maximus83
Nameless Being

How are you finding the battery life, and the screen?

Also, curious what ereader apps you like to use on Windows? Something maintstream like Kindle or Google Play, or are you running a custom app like Freda from the Windows Store?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Also, curious what ereader apps you like to use on Windows? Something maintstream like Kindle or Google Play, or are you running a custom app like Freda from the Windows Store?
Personally, I usually use Freda on my Go. It's what I used on my previous 8" Windows tablet. I also have calibre (along with my whole library) and BookBazaar Reader installed and use them occasionally. I also have several PDF apps that are installed primarily for reading and producing documents, but are occasionally used for reading ebooks in the PDF format. These days, I do a lot of my reading on my old (ancient) Kindle Keyboard.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
maximus83
Nameless Being

So, how's the screen, and the battery life, on the Go?

What I'm hearing in the tech press and a friend that has one: screen is , not a Samsung Amoled but very nice and a LOT less expensive than the similary sized Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 that just came out. Battery life, somewhat is what I'm hearing. Well under the 10+ hours of web surf time that you look for on an Ipad or a lot of popular tablets.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Screen is good to me, but I'm not a real screen connoisseur, so take that for what it's worth.
Battery definitely is weaker than the Surface 3 that I used to have (likely due to the higher processor power) so I would say it's probably weaker than the other devices you mentioned. Having said that, for me it's an awesome device. I could never go Android or Ipad over it because I want the full Windows functionality including things like macros in Excel.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
maximus83
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Screen is good to me, but I'm not a real screen connoisseur, so take that for what it's worth.
Battery definitely is weaker than the Surface 3 that I used to have (likely due to the higher processor power) so I would say it's probably weaker than the other devices you mentioned. Having said that, for me it's an awesome device. I could never go Android or Ipad over it because I want the full Windows functionality including things like macros in Excel.
Yeah if you want a super-light actual PC that runs Windows, this thing is really the only viable choice right now. Surface Pro is more powerful (I have one at work), but also nearly twice as heavy.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #7
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
My impressions 2 months on are similar to robko's. I like the display in all but very bright light (from porch outdoors to full sun). The only devices that I have extended reading experience and can base a comparison on are my older Dell Venue 8 Pro (very nice screen as well) and much older devices like my UX-50 (good screen for the day but barely adequate by today's standards). I still prefer my Kindle.

Battery life is fine for my usage, though longer would be nicer. As a reader, battery life is really more than you need. It's when I use it for watching video or running applicatons that I could make use of longer runtime.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:57 AM   #8
jonsnow1221
jonsnow1221 began at the beginning.

Device: none
surface go printing issue

I have the Surface Go from Microsoft, but I am having an issue on the device as it is not getting connected with the wireless printer and I am unable to print documents through the device. I am getting Epson printer error code e-01 while doing the printing.
jonsnow1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #9
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsnow1221 View Post
I have the Surface Go from Microsoft, but I am having an issue on the device as it is not getting connected with the wireless printer and I am unable to print documents through the device. I am getting Epson printer error code e-01 while doing the printing.
Don’t know if you got your printing problem fixed. On my Surface Pro, after installing the printer software for my Epson 645, I had to download and install the drivers separately. This fixed the error message I was receiving.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote