Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #8506
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
If Butcher is back on track, then I'm good with it.
I believe he is, at least the quality, not yet convinced about being on track for speed. I kind of expect a new Cinder Spires by late next year.

As far as cliffhanger between chapter two and three, it is kind of a little tease. Yes, contrary to what I said, I read them. Go ahead and read them (if you are caught up otherwise). I believe they only make you want to read how the book shakes out. It sounds potentially as dramatic as Changes, except maybe a change into a different, more diplomatic direction. Hopefully the book will try to do that while still letting Harry be Harry.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:51 PM   #8507
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I believe he is, at least the quality, not yet convinced about being on track for speed. I kind of expect a new Cinder Spires by late next year.

As far as cliffhanger between chapter two and three, it is kind of a little tease. Yes, contrary to what I said, I read them. Go ahead and read them (if you are caught up otherwise). I believe they only make you want to read how the book shakes out. It sounds potentially as dramatic as Changes, except maybe a change into a different, more diplomatic direction. Hopefully the book will try to do that while still letting Harry be Harry.
It is my contention that Changes was the end of a story arch where Butcher had kind of painted himself into what I like the call the superhero corner and Ghost Story was the reset. Like a lot of people, Ghost Story was my least favorite Dresden book, but it was necessary.

I'm looking forward to a new Cinder Spire book. I couldn't really get into his other series, but I really liked the first Cinder Spire book.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:15 PM   #8508
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Why, because it's been so long since the last one?
That's one of my thoughts. So long since the last one, cranking out two so close together and the general feeling that he's losing interest in the subject matter.

It has to be a challenge coming up with ideas to keep the story rolling. But if I'm wrong, I'll happily buy the ebooks and audiobooks.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:50 PM   #8509
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Days until the release

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:36 AM   #8510
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finished up my Dresden Files re-read. Probably good timing. It gives me a couple of weeks to get over any burn out from reading that many books in series back to back.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:39 PM   #8511
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:45 PM   #8512
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool James Marsters Returns for Jim Butcher's PEACE TALKS!

A short video from James Marsters about Peace Talks is HERE!

Old 07-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #8513
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
A short video from James Marsters about Peace Talks is HERE!

Already pre-ordered. I'll likely read the eBook first, then listen to the audiobook, that's my normal way of doing it since I read a lot faster than they can talk.

Just as a note, if you follow the link, one of the youtube videos on the side is Marsters at some convention talking about being an audiobook narrator. It's pretty funny. Apparently, there are certain words, such as little, that people tend to slur a bit when they say it in normal speech. Butcher likes to use the word little.

Last edited by pwalker8; 07-07-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:14 PM   #8514
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Old 07-14-2020, 05:22 AM   #8515
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I'm assuming that this is the correct place to post my impressions. I'm 25 percent through Peace Talks and I'm beginning to think that few people, myself excluded, will lap it up. Peace Talks so far, stinks. It's shocking. So much bad writing.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #8516
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I'm assuming that this is the correct place to post my impressions. I'm 25 percent through Peace Talks and I'm beginning to think that few people, myself excluded, will lap it up. Peace Talks so far, stinks. It's shocking. So much bad writing.
Sorry to hear that - just got my library borrow but won't get to it for a few days...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:57 AM   #8517
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Today is the day for Peace Talks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #8518
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Peace Talks

Peace Talks showed up here last night at 9:00 PM (Midnight eastern time).

Old 07-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #8519
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I liked the book. I don't think I'm giving anything away but I'll put my general take on it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
I think it's fair to say that it's a two part book rather than a cliff hanger. In a lot of respects, it's like the two books in the Honor Harrington series - In Enemy Hands and Echos of Honor. The first book ended at a logical point, with the first problem solved. One presumes that the second problem will be solved in Battle Ground.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:30 PM   #8520
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Peace Talks

Quote:
I liked the book. I don't think I'm giving anything away but I'll put my general take on it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
I think it's fair to say that it's a two part book rather than a cliff hanger. In a lot of respects, it's like the two books in the Honor Harrington series - In Enemy Hands and Echos of Honor. The first book ended at a logical point, with the first problem solved. One presumes that the second problem will be solved in Battle Ground.
Well, that was quick, I haven't started it yet because I'm still re-reading SKIN GAME!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy