Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2021, 12:17 PM   #1171
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not page up/down. It's page forward/back.
Despite the wording in the attached ss it actually is page forward/back in Moon+ as well.
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #1172
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@atonement: Yep. You'll have to math a bit, but yeah. (c.f., the recent discussions in the KOReader forum, and the actual wiki).
OK. I will check it out. Thanks.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:09 AM   #1173
atonement
Zealot

I can't seem to find the System Statistics setting. Its enabled under Plugins.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:32 AM   #1174
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atonement View Post
I can't seem to find the System Statistics setting. Its enabled under Plugins.
Hamburger menu - Help
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:08 AM   #1175
atonement
Zealot

Thanks. It never crossed my mind to look there.
Battery life in KOReader appears to be appreciably better than the native app. As low as 1%/h active drain vs roughly 1.4%/h. Just disabling the front light shouldn't have this big an impact? Anyways very happy with KOReader and finally with my Kindle PW3.

Last edited by atonement; 04-25-2021 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #1176
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Just disabling the front light shouldn't have this big an impact?
Frontlight impact on battery life varies from negligible to dominant, depending on brightness setting.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293683
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:03 AM   #1177
atonement
Zealot

Interesting info.
Before jailbreaking I had set frontlight to the minimum possible. Afterwards disabled it altogether. In native app I used to average 40-45 minutes per percentage drop. Occasionally as long as 60 minutes. In KOReader the latter is the norm.

Last edited by atonement; 04-25-2021 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-25-2021, 02:55 AM   #1178
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Note that better power management on Kindle is kind of a long shot, since we don't actually replace the stock system, we run on top of it (as opposed, to, say, on Kobo, where we can positively trounce nickel because it's gladiator style and we're the lone survivor!).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:18 AM   #1179
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Interesting info.
Before jailbreaking I had set frontlight to the minimum possible. Afterwards disabled it altogether. In native app I used to average 40-45 minutes per percentage drop. Occasionally as long as 60 minutes. In KOReader that's the norm.
As long as the frontlight is set to low then that's probably simply KOReader being faster at turning pages. (I.e., the CPU can go back into a low power state quicker.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:49 AM   #1180
atonement
Zealot

That could be it. For an Indic language ebook the native app took just about a second between page turns but in KOReader it was nearly instantaneous. There's not much difference in case of English ones though.
Old 04-30-2021, 03:00 AM   #1181
atonement
Zealot

KOReader only gathers battery stats when it's running, right? I had left KTerm running last night and battery had drained by 5% overnight if I am not wrong but in Battery Statistics its not reflected.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #1182
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep. That plugin is fairly useless outside of very specific platforms. Kindle not being one of them .
Old 05-01-2021, 04:23 AM   #1183
realkepp
realkepp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019
How does Koreader work with Kindle Oasis 3? Do buttons and amber light work?
realkepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #1184
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Buttons, yep; Amber leds, not until someone looks into it.

Note that they "work" in the sense that since everything lives on top of the stock system on Kindle, we won't magically turn them blue just to spite you, current settings are kept.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:17 AM   #1185
subcribed
subcribed began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
jailbroken KoA3 5.12.3 - rotation challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belendir View Post
Love the reader but it seems to be not working well with the Oasis 2 gyro. Text flips around with the slightest movements and I can't seem to completely lock the orientation down. I like to read lying on the side and this makes it a little tricky.
Hi.
I am running koreader on newly jailbroken KOA3 [thx to @Niluje]. Just like @Belendir I am having issues with koreader not knowing which way is up. The weird part is that it’s confused on where to place the menu. So I am forced to navigate the main menu by guessing and tapping on the middle and lower part of the screen.
I have tried the April release and then the 6th May nightly.
No difference.

Is there anything I can do [or I missed]?
subcribed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch