Notices

Old 04-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #31
djkd
djkd began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy tab s7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
More testing of alternatives to Moonreader in pair with CC:
- Librera Pro appears to work if CC's folder is ON internal memory AND at same path on ALL devices (so if internal memory size is lower than size of CC's folder - new device needed) .
- Librera Pro's position sync have rather strange logic. It appears to use it's page numbers + some logic to correct for page size. it's wrong for some epub books.
- bookmarks/quotes appears to be synced (but they work strange in Librera)
I bought librera pro today and I have it linked to cc but one of my books do not show any images it just says image where it is supposed to be. any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks
djkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:56 AM   #32
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkd View Post
I bought librera pro today and I have it linked to cc but one of my books do not show any images it just says image where it is supposed to be. any suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks
ONE of your books?
I'm not sure if anybody could help you without actual bookfile.
(I usually sent such files to reader author(s) if there are issues )
(as far as I understood, if you need to post book here on MR you MUST use https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267998 on it first and post scrambled result, if bug is reproduced)
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:40 AM   #33
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

I've been told by the developer of Librera Pro not to use syncing because it doesn't work...which is a shame!
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:45 AM   #34
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daruking View Post
I've been told by the developer of Librera Pro not to use syncing because it doesn't work...which is a shame!
Looks like some misunderstanding?!
They say it works directly on http://librera.mobi/wiki/faq/setting...nchronization/

Position sync is working for me... with issues.
Main issue I found is that file paths must be EXACTLY same. This mean physical sdcard can't be used.

Also, only built-in Google Drive-base sync actually works for me. ('You just need to sync the Librera folder (which is in your internal storage) with your cloud. Voilà!' doesn't work for me).

Notes sync doesn't work betwen devices for me(same for Alreader).
Old 04-10-2021, 10:37 AM   #35
daruking
Enthusiast

Here's a quote from the developer: "Sync will be removed soon please do not us it."
Old 04-10-2021, 11:17 AM   #36
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daruking View Post
Here's a quote from the developer: "Sync will be removed soon please do not us it."
<censored>
AlreaderX doesn't do PDF(it do CBR/CBZ and epub and other reflowable formats only).
Moon+ is unusable with current version of CC at this time.

Looks like I have to revert CC to usuable version in short timeframe or drop CC in long timeframe and go to only semiousable alternative for my purposes (Bookfusion)
Old 04-10-2021, 11:20 AM   #37
daruking
Enthusiast

I dropped back to an earlier version of CC. I wished the current developer would update CC to fix this Android 11 issue!
Old 04-17-2021, 03:29 AM   #38
vikarti
Groupie

Anyone remember which exact version of CC/Android added new file proivder? (5.4.4.9 (900) does have old(working) one).
Old 04-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #39
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Just a note to say everything(?) worked fine as usual for me after the tab s5e go updated to android 11 last night; had to check it out because of this thread.

MR Pro 6.5........CC 5..4.4.19 (410).

Interestingly that I even did a long press on a book that I only read a couple of chapters some time back; have read a couple other books afterwards & MR opened up the the chapter page where I had stopped. MR came up with the correct book each time I selected it.

MR fixed the problem in the 6.5 release?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:31 AM   #40
vikarti
Groupie

Nothing is fixed.
Samsung Android 11
Moon+ Pro 6.6 Beta
CC 5.4.3.3 (391) - no issues with Moon+, issues with one of phone's screen.
CC 5.4.4.17 (408) - no issues with Moon+ Reader
CC 5.4.4.19 (410) - unusable with Moon+ Reader
CC 5.4.4.20 (412) - unusable with Moon+ Reader
I can't test 5.4.4.18 (if ever existed)

Last edited by vikarti; 04-25-2021 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:17 PM   #41
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Another issue with the current version:

If you do Settings->Menus->Move Connect to Menu

the menus are usable, but missing some labels.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #42
Kalyioan
Kalyioan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Nothing is fixed.
Samsung Android 11
Moon+ Pro 6.6 Beta
CC 5.4.3.3 (391) - no issues with Moon+, issues with one of phone's screen.
CC 5.4.4.17 (408) - no issues with Moon+ Reader
CC 5.4.4.19 (410) - unusable with Moon+ Reader
CC 5.4.4.20 (412) - unusable with Moon+ Reader
I can't test 5.4.4.18 (if ever existed)
Is it allowed to ask where you get CC 5.4.4.17 from? I updated my CC today and I am having this issue.
Kalyioan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 12:09 AM   #43
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyioan View Post
Is it allowed to ask where you get CC 5.4.4.17 from? I updated my CC today and I am having this issue.
Full public answer to this question will likely be either rule violation or will make no sense to you (like 'I used stored backup').

Search for reputable 'apk archive' site on google using CC's package name com.multipie.calibreandroid. Always check files from unknown sources with antivirus you like (or virustotal.com) -

Last edited by vikarti; 05-08-2021 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #44
jwajr
jwajr began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
Well, I have the same problem too. I cannot get Moon Reader, or ReadEra (which I loaded to test) to open up the book from Calibre Companion. I just updated to Android 11. Since it seems this isn't gonna work , and using Amazon software is just painful it is so buggy, I think I am just going to go back to using my KOBO eink device. Simpler. What a shame.
jwajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #45
jwajr
jwajr began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
All, I noticed I had an Android update on my phone . . . an update to Android 11 which broke my being able to read an ebook using Moon via CC. So last night I reinstalled CC, and everything now works like it should! So, to the defense of Moon and CC developers, it looks like to me this was an Android bug.
jwajr is offline   Reply With Quote