Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Tubemonkey by Jerome Bixby from Project Gutenberg

This one caught my eye for Tubemonkey.

Tubemonkey by Jerome Bixby
http://gutenberg.org/ebooks/64672

if that doesn't work, this should
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/64672/
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Gotta love those cone shaped mammaries.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:10 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeks View Post
This one caught my eye for Tubemonkey.

Tubemonkey by Jerome Bixby
http://gutenberg.org/ebooks/64672

if that doesn't work, this should
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/64672/
I stole my name!

Lucky for me, book titles can't be copyrighted

Looks like Im gonna have to read it.

On a side note, Bixby wrote the story "It's a Good Life", which Rod Serling turned into the best Twilight Zone episode ever.

Anthony: "You're a bad man. You're a very bad man."

Anthony's father: "Wish it into the cornfield. Please son, wish it into the cornfield, please."
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:53 PM   #4
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I stole my name!

Lucky for me, book titles can't be copyrighted

Looks like Im gonna have to read it.

On a side note, Bixby wrote the story "It's a Good Life", which Rod Serling turned into the best Twilight Zone episode ever.

Anthony: "You're a bad man. You're a very bad man."

Anthony's father: "Wish it into the cornfield. Please son, wish it into the cornfield, please."
Star Science Fiction Stories no. 2

I have a copy of that. I've not tried to do anything with it. It doesn't look like a renewal search is showing "It's a Good Life" renewed.

Greg
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:53 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Got it.

Thank you!

This is so much better than all this new-fangled Sci-fi being published nowadays with all their Major Concerns and lack of Merriment and Joyfulness.

Arf! Arf!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:04 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Bixby only makes me think of "My Favorite Martian" and "The Courtship of Eddie's Father". (Sorry, that disrails this thread!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Bixby
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote