Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 03:19 AM   #1
EAHope
Wacky Writer
EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
NinRai - MissAdventures For Two [SmashWords & Co] - Evelin A. Hope

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

NinRai - MissAdventures For Two

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Genre
Action, adventure, fantasy, comedy

Summary:

Kairo and his rabbit partner Arubi are on a quest to fill their stomachs. The tinkling of coins lures them into Waslan City; a place full of grumpy Dwarfs, Dark Elfs in spandex, butt-proud Camtours, and many wonderful creatures. Before they can reach their goal, they need to cross three rings of purgatory. Let’s not forget hordes of puns and Easter Eggs behind every corner.

Wacky adventure alert!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Excerpt:

Spoiler:
A squirrel watched him from the tree, twitching its ears to catch even the faintest glimpse of danger. It jumped into the green crown, rustling the leaves as three bandits blocked Kairo’s path.

“If you value your life, hand over your belongings!” shouted the messiest one.
The boy lifted his hat with a thumb, revealing half-lidded, red eyes that studied the robbers.

Their gaunt figures wore dirtier clothes with more holes than the boy had. Their hands held rusty katanas that could hardly cut cheese, much less bones. There was no doubt about it; he’d met traditional, street vermin. The boy sighed.

“All you beef?” asked the thief with missing teeth.

The boy didn’t understand what he said, but given the thief’s knitted leftovers of eyebrows, it wasn’t about steaks. His rusty cogwheels moved, spinning half of the turn per minute.

Did he ask me if I’m deaf?

“Maybe he needs some motivation,” the middle one, who seemed to have the biggest vocabulary of all of them, said. He poked the boy between the ribs. When the desired reaction didn’t come, he pushed the hat off with a swing of his weapon.

The boy’s eyes blinked, and his nose wrinkled. A quiet hiss escaped his lips as the hat hung by its strap. The sun’s rays fell on his messy white hair, making it sparkle, and in the middle sat a bun.

“Are you scared now, poor thing?” He grinned, showing a glimpse of his yellow teeth.

The white bun twitched, bristling into a bigger ball. The bandits’ eyes darted on it. Was that bun possessed? Their mouths dropped open as a long ear bolted upward. It twinged, and another ear followed. The bun enlarged, and a smaller ball protruded from under it. The bandits tilted their heads as their eyes widened, and a silent ‘huh’ escaped their lips.

Small red eyes squinted, but the sunshine forced them to close. A fluffy paw appeared from under its frame and moved across the animal’s face. The small creature yawned, stretching its body. The long incisors made sure to remind everybody a cute appearance could be deceiving. The pink muzzle wrinkled upon the horrid odor from the men.

“A bunny?” they chorused.

“Ninja!” The rabbit’s eyes shot open as the animal shrieked the last syllable, and it was gone in a flash.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

What people say:

Spoiler:
“This is a nice introduction to Kairo, Arubi, and their world. The scene building is fresh and evocative, and full of fun little references for the alert reader.”

“First of all, the writing is smooth and the descriptions are both picturesque and amusing. I think it captures the sense of whimsy, playfulness, and adventure appropriate for children's literature while containing enough sophistication and wit to keep it from being a trudge for the adults.”

“So, Kairo is the boy, and Mr. Arubi, of course, is the rabbit. The names are remarkable and unique (I'm curious to know where you got them from).”

“Off the bat, I love the premise and the prologue, and your storytelling technique is unique and refreshing. After reading through the chapter, I'm amazed by the world you've built. It's not typical, and it really stretches one's imagination.”

-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Available for $1.99 at:

Thank you so much for your time

If you enjoyed this book, please, consider leaving a review on any of the sites you used to get it
EAHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
EAHope
Wacky Writer
EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EAHope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

There is The Price update! NinRai is FREE from now on <3

PS. I wanted to edit my first post, but it seems to be "locked" for edits, so sorry if this breaks the 7-days limit (I'm not sure if the first post counts or the next update is the one that starts the 7-days count down ^_^

Last edited by EAHope; 09-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
EAHope
Wacky Writer

You can find me at eahope.webnode.cz

Tags
ebook, fantasy, free book, novella, smashwords