Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #1
poczynek
Zealot
poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.poczynek is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Forma
Cannot delete .doc from Kindle

So i have some sideloaded books i want to delete off my Kindle Oasis.

I deleted them off the Kindle itself. I deleted them through Amazon. But still they stay there!

They are docs and all that comes up when i long press them is:

Add to Home
Add to Collection

Any way to get rid of them?
poczynek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Yes, indeed. I confirm the issue. From the Kindle, the docs appear to be online, not on the Kindle. But if you go to amazon.com/myk they are not there.

I even had an exchange with the customer support guys, but nothing interesting went out of there. The problem is still on.

I actually have a second issue with an online collection with no name. Literally, no name. And a few "entries" in it. You can delete them, but they are back there at a refresh. You can delete the no namer, but after a refresh it is back there.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Bobb_o
Bobb_o began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by poczynek View Post
So i have some sideloaded books i want to delete off my Kindle Oasis.

I deleted them off the Kindle itself. I deleted them through Amazon. But still they stay there!

They are docs and all that comes up when i long press them is:

Add to Home
Add to Collection

Any way to get rid of them?
Did you delete from https://www.amazon.com/mycd and then sync your device?
Bobb_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Yes, indeed. I confirm the issue. From the Kindle, the docs appear to be online, not on the Kindle. But if you go to amazon.com/myk they are not there.
By default personal documents in the cloud do not show up on the "My Content" page unless you switch the filter from "Books" to "Docs."
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
By default personal documents in the cloud do not show up on the "My Content" page unless you switch the filter from "Books" to "Docs."

Of course, that is not the solution to this problem. Do assume I have read the manual.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #6
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Of course, that is not the solution to this problem. Do assume I have read the manual.
Exactly, I assume you did read the manual - and when you said the docs appear to be online, then I have to assume they are. If you don't see them, then it is possible they are filtered out from view.

Now, if you fail to sync the Kindle, all kind of ghosts can stay visible to be in the cloud when they are no longer there.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote