Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
Delete old news from device?

How can I get Calibre to automatically delete previous editions of downloaded news from device when syncing new versions of downloaded news to the device?
I know that "Keep at most ___ Issues" in the download scheduler takes care of this for the local Calibre library, but not for the device.
In my case the device is a rooted Nook Color.
Thanks,
Ari
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by adoucette View Post
How can I get Calibre to automatically delete previous editions of downloaded news from device when syncing new versions of downloaded news to the device?
I know that "Keep at most ___ Issues" in the download scheduler takes care of this for the local Calibre library, but not for the device.
In my case the device is a rooted Nook Color.
Thanks,
Ari
Calibre deletes NOTHING from your device without user pushing buttons.
I don't think this is going to change. Just one OMG, you deleted XYZ when I wanted to keep that issue.
Ain't gonna happen
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 AM   #3
adoucette
adoucette doesn't litteradoucette doesn't litter

Device: Nook Color (rooted?)
Has anyone written a plugin, or a script for this? Or is there a third-party tool that will accomplish this?
Can Calibre be configured to launch a batch file after synchronizing with the device?
adoucette is offline   Reply With Quote