Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 04:28 AM   #1
WhiiskeyTango
WhiiskeyTango began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Nia Screen fading

Hi all,

I have tried my hand at fixing a Kobo Nia with a broken screen, Everything seems to work fine now, except some weird fading that I have never seen before.

It happens mainly in the menu's (never in the books) where the ink starts to fade after a while. Usually this happens in mere seconds as well. I added some pics to show what it looks like.

Now i'm not quite sure if the problem is with the screen or with the motherboard.

I tried searching for this problem, but I haven't seen any other forms or posts like this.

Has anyone every seen anything like this before? Does anyone know what is happening here and what could be the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240411_101318.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	844.7 KB
ID:	207500   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240411_101311.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	747.3 KB
ID:	207501  
WhiiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:05 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Eink, unlike LCD, has a calibration setting. Usually a label on the rear of panel or on the ribbon. Unless the value is close to original the quality is terrible.

That's why I'd not replace an eink panel unless there is a documented method to update the parameter.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote