Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
honihata
honihata began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Adding AZW3 manga files creates black pages

Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone knows how to correct this issue. When I add manga books to my library which are in the AZW3 format, when viewing the title each page has 3-4 additional black pages. To further explain, while the page count is something like 12/160 if I click the arrow for the next page there are black pages and the page count doesn't change until the next page actually shows. If I convert to another format these black pages all convert as well changing the page number from 120 to something 300-400 pages now.

I thought maybe I had changed something in the calibre settings previously, so I uninstalled it completely and removed any files from the C-drive just in case, and re-installed latest version... but the black pages still persist.

I also noticed that when I open the viewer it adds [KF8] to the title.

any help would be appreciated.
honihata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Amazon has a proprietary fixed layout variant of KF8 that is used for comics and manga. Calibre does not support that format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
extra page, manga, reformat, viewing