Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Suggestion: other highlight color for search matches

Hi,

I am trying to fix a number of problems in a book while I am converting it and am messing with a bunch of regexp-s in the search&replace part of the book conversion menu in an experimental fashion. For that I need to search the book with the "Test" function of the regexp builder to see what matches do I get.

The current highlight color for the matches in that text-box is yellow, which I find very difficult to see on my screen (and I might have a problem with yellow, too). It just does not stand out that much.

I'd like to suggest to change that color (or make it tweakable) to something more visible (to some), say pink or green.

I think this would be useful for a number of us.

Thanxx, Mixx

Last edited by Mixx; 05-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
ParadiseLost
Enthusiast
ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.ParadiseLost can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: None
You can go into the reader preferences then the user stylesheets tab and use:

::selection {
background: rgb(0,0,0);
}

Just replace the rgb value. It is set to black with value (0,0,0)

Colors

Orange: rgb(248,235,156)
Green: rgb(204,241,116)
Blue: rgb(195,216,248)
Red: rgb(245,192,221)
Purple: rgb(228,195,241)

These are close to the colors that are used in iBooks. Good Luck
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks,

is this in the reader or (as I should have pointed out more precisely) in the search/replace part of the "Convert Books" function? Where do I go specifically?

Thanxx, Mixx

PS: I'll edit the OP to be more precise.
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote