Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
enkor
enkor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
(unbricking) Kindle 4 nontouch factory reset by buttons ?

Hi,
I have a little problem with my kindle 4 and mine stupidity . I tried to translate kindle in to my language. And I made a mistake with translate scripts. So my situation is that I cant go to menu for factory rest, because I can see only books and nothing else and buttons don't responding.

Things what i can do:

Plug usb cable and go to USB mass storage.
Reset device by holding power button.

I tried to reflash original firmware to device but nothing changed. It only remove jailbrake. So now its even worse then before.

Last thing a tried is to put ENABLE_DIAGS file into device, but it not working like before and i don't know why. Kindle starts as usual and in device is new file called DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR.

My question is: Is there any chance to factory reset Kindle by buttons ? or if anyone have some suggestion i will be happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-1116.gif
Views:	1100
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	80516  

Last edited by enkor; 12-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.
enkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You probably need a serial cable to fix it. Details can be found in other threads for other kindle models, but the repair methods are pretty similar.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert