Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
JimPhelps
JimPhelps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook HD+, LG G4
Nook HD+ charger port problem?

I know the Nook HD+ is outdated, old and is from Barnes & Noble which make terrible tablets, etc.

But anyway, my charger port I think must have gotten some gunk or something in it where when I plug my charger cord into it, all I can get is the green power light but not an orange charging light. I've taken a q-tip and some high isopropol alcohol (damp, not wet) and tried to clean it, used some toothpicks and a can of compressed air attempting to clean it out but all I can get is the green power light.

I spoke to Barnes & Noble, and they told me to get another power cord. Do y'all know if a no-name brand kind of charger will work for the Nook HD+ since the actual B&N website shows the Nook charger as Temporarily out of Stock and of course, my local shop doesn't have any either.
JimPhelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPhelps View Post
I know the Nook HD+ is outdated, old and is from Barnes & Noble which make terrible tablets, etc.

But anyway, my charger port I think must have gotten some gunk or something in it where when I plug my charger cord into it, all I can get is the green power light but not an orange charging light. I've taken a q-tip and some high isopropol alcohol (damp, not wet) and tried to clean it, used some toothpicks and a can of compressed air attempting to clean it out but all I can get is the green power light.

I spoke to Barnes & Noble, and they told me to get another power cord. Do y'all know if a no-name brand kind of charger will work for the Nook HD+ since the actual B&N website shows the Nook charger as Temporarily out of Stock and of course, my local shop doesn't have any either.
Any USB charger that can supply 2 amperes or more should work. But if the cable is bad, surely you have noticed that the connector on the Nook HD+ end is proprietary and standard USB cables will not fit in the charging port on the Nook HD+.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:58 AM   #3
JimPhelps
JimPhelps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook HD+, LG G4
Yep, sure have. The point I was asking about was, B&N was telling me to go to Best Buy to get another charger. The one I found on their website was an Insignia brand 30 pin connector cable. Now one of my ecigarettes came with a charger that looks just like my nook charger but it turns out that it only works with Apple iPods and ipads from a few years back. I just wasn't sure if that cable would work...especially since my local BB didn't have it in stock so I gotta order it online if I get it, which, if I'm gonna order online, I might as well just use Amazon and order another Nook charger.
JimPhelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
ebsebs
Connoisseur
ebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeebsebs possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Nook ST/Nook HD+
If you have a working 2A USB charger and need only the charging cord, you can get one on eBay for $5.00: http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Data-Syn...-/253037726504
ebsebs is offline   Reply With Quote